Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my quad into the honda dealer and they said the reason i lost my crank was because that spring that is inserted by the oil filter wasnt there. When i no for a fact i put it back inthere. my question is...when the oil goes throught oil filter does it then get pumped to the top of the engine to lub the cam. because there saying because that spring wasnt there i lost my crank shaft. which i think is b/s. i just wanted to see if i was correct about the oil filter

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
i think they were giving u b/s because where the heck did the spring go and i dont think that would make ur motor blow up but i am not too sure

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think it would make the crank so either....cuz the crank sits in the oil at the bottom of the engine....even if the oil filter wasnt in there at all that should not have caused the prob. there just tring to scam money..they get honda to cover the warrenty but then they make you pay the money so they get all the money out of the deal. Can neone explain to me the path the oil takes thro the engine? like does it go through the oilfilter on its way up to the cam...or how does that work exactly

·
Registered
733 Posts
honda has a customer service number on their web site. i cannot remember where i saw it, but it is there for reasons like yours. call them anad explain what you f'ing b/s dealer is trying to pull.

sorry i lost it there... that stuff pisses me off. if they were a good dealership, they would cover it under warranty whether the spring was there or not. how the heck would honda know any different?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I wouldn't think you would have mechanical failure without the spring. The only way I could see that happening is if you put the cover on upside down. Then the oil wouldn't flow. Did they tell you it was starved for oil? I think the oil would still flow without the spring. It just won't get filtered.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i got my quad back from the dealer. after fighting about paying it they finaly let it go underwarrenty. so i took it home and i dont trust taht place one bit. so i went over the whole quad (rad,oil,ect) i found they dented my rad on the left side. they had slits in the rad hose that goes to the water pump. they had a bunch of clamps undone. it was a surprise when i went to start it after changeing the oil and found out that there was coolant dripping all over the thing. The washers on the front plastic were not put back in leaving my plastic pretty much loose and it squished it where they caught the edge of it with the bolt. they left oil stians all over the side of the engine.
i got a question...that spring by the oil filter...the only purose thats for is to hold the filter up agianst the cap right? they said the replacement spring will be here soon (who no's how long with them). so i just got a washer and set it up so it holds the oil filter inthere tightly. could this cause any problems to the quad..cuz the last thing im doing is going back to that dealer. my quad went in with one problem and came out with alot of different ones. who no's what they didnt put back together right inside the engine.
after about 3-4 hours looking it over im satisfiyed with outter engine. its no longer dripping coolant. i had to add colant. and i tired my best to restore and an make the engine look new agian.
The funny thing is the guy gave me poop for not taking care of my quad...WTF is that?
well yah if anyone could answer that question about the spring i would appreciate that.
DONT EVER GO TO LAC LA BICHE SPORTING GOODS!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Look to drain down into the case. I'll try to attach a picture.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yeah I have some more i'll post them in the pict's section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts