Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to know how much oil should I put in the tranny and in the engine for an mx practice or race.

I understand that if put more oil the quad will have less power and will suffer.

How much oil you put for a race or mx practice

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would think you would want the exact capacity as stated in that manaul...the last thing you want is to starve your engine or tranny of lubrication in a race type environment. That's mostly the cause of an locked up engine. Would a few seconds be worth trashing your engine or tranny?

·
Registered
202 Posts
pour oil in tranny side until it comes out the little oil check hole (10mm bolt head to the left of water pump).
pour oil in stator side until it reads between H and L line. Fire it up and let it run for 30sec or so and add oil until desired level (I keep it just below H line, about 3/4 up).

The honda 450r is one of the easiest machines to get the oil level right. Freaking sight glass lets you know how much to put in and they have a little hole that oil comes out of once you fill it enough.

Do not just put 800ml in on the tranny side. It will be too much if you don't drain all the oil out in the first place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts