Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 04 450r kicker while changing oil noticed case was stripped so i helicoiled it works great but the little peice that you screw the coil in with
that has to be broken off stayed in motor tried running 2 quarts through it with plug off no chance magnetized a very small phillips screw driver and put it in there no help nether any ideas thanks does the filter pick that up or is it going to destroy my bearings

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
bought a 04 450r kicker while changing oil noticed case was stripped so i helicoiled it works great but the little peice that you screw the coil in with
that has to be broken off stayed in motor tried running 2 quarts through it with plug off no chance magnetized a very small phillips screw driver and put it in there no help nether any ideas thanks does the filter pick that up or is it going to destroy my bearings[/b]
highly doubt... or better yet it wont make it to the filter before chewin up somthing or getting stuck in an oil passage!

mabye some really small long thin needlenose pliers could get it out but i wouldent start it untill its out!

and if you havent yet... cut the paper off the oil filter that was in it when you first got it and check for shavings...

·
Registered
745 Posts
pull the left case cover off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im liking the idea of taking the left cover off u think i will be able to access the top of the drain plug from there?

·
Registered
280 Posts
You can see or get really close to the drain plug from the left case. I believe the worst that could happen it would get sucked up in you oil pickup screen. The mess in the oil pickup is a lot smaller than this piece. You should be able to take the left side off tilt the quad and clean this area with solvent to flush the piece out. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jlberig450r gave me a good answer it was take off the left case cover and flush it out tried tilting it to right side wth cover off filled with oil and leaned back to the left no luck also tried using one of those magnetic pens didnt work either any ideas.?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
so did you take the cover off? it should be there once u take the cover off, it doesnt have anywhere to go, it will get stuck before going into anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts