Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say that Miguel you are the man... I got the bug to start polishing my head and after about 15 hrs so far I am going to send it and have it done.... my fingers hurt I am nasty dirty and it only looks so so good and I did not even get but about 40 percent done. I knew that it would not be easy but DANG...... you sure fooled a brother..I knew that you stuff looked great but after this experience your stuff looks amazing. Good Job

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
i polish the easy stuff, the rest gets paint or pc.

is miguel's bike done?

norcal, let meet at pismo for a photoshoot. no charge, i'll just send u the pix on a cd.

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
[attachment=31511:post_696...05671748.gif]

Haha... just kidding!!!!!!

I was wondering what the heck you were talking about when I saw this thread. Now I totally understand.

Most of he pro's that do this stuff for a living make there own set-up wheels out of emery or use the greaseless compounds and basically eleminate most, if not all hand sanding. That's how they are able to charge pretty reasonable prices.

Also, like Rick mentioned... I have a pretty big commercial grade polishing machine. Without it I would not be able to achieve the mirror finish on lots of the parts I polished.

And 1 last thing, I would not do all this polishing again. It got to a point where it felt like punishment.

Good luck with the build Jason.

Attachments

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts

is miguel's bike done?

norcal, let meet at pismo for a photoshoot. no charge, i'll just send u the pix on a cd.[/b]
She's done bro. And it only took me a year to finish... lol

I'm planning on meeting up with Aldo in Pismo on the 9th. You down?

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts

is miguel's bike done?

norcal, let meet at pismo for a photoshoot. no charge, i'll just send u the pix on a cd.[/b]

[/b]
lets see some pics
[/b]
I'm lagging on the pics just like I lagged on the build. I have plans to take pics this weekend. Going to a BBQ up in the hills and I'm taking the R and my camara.

Here's the last pic I uploaded....

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
That Looks awesome, Nor*cal , not 1 thing outta place ,its perfect!

Great JOB[/b]
Thanks Jim. The final assembly did not go as smooth as I had hoped. Took some tweaking to get the plastics and 08 tank to line up with the 05 frame. I even had to modify my new 08 tank support (heat shield) cause it hit the head cover before it was fully seated on the frame. I also had to modify the angle that the tank sits on the frame. Anyways, it sucked.... and took some time.

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
Thanks for the props guys.

I did not think that you rode dirt.. I thought this was a sand bike.. that is awsome.. looks killer.. any front pictures.[/b]
You must not have noticed the gusseted frame... dirt before sand for me. And no up to date front end pics. But I know one thing... it does not look as good as yours. You have the set-up I wanted... but I was on a budget.

I'll get a bunch of picks this weekend for sure.

looks like there is no chain on there.[/b]
Correct. No chain, pegs, kicker, brake pedal, nerfs, hood, vapor and a few other things in that pic.

·
Jim
2,823 Posts
Sweet ride man! Can't wait to see more pics. Very Very Nice!

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
QUOTE(sandshots @ Aug 1 2008, 03:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=538390
<div class='quotemain'>i polish the easy stuff, the rest gets paint or pc.

is miguel's bike done?

[/b]
lets see some pics
[/b][/quote]

I'm lagging on the pics just like I lagged on the build. I have plans to take pics this weekend. Going to a BBQ up in the hills and I'm taking the R and my camara.

[/b][/quote]

wtf, only half the picture shows up on my screen.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Very Nice Nor*Cal! You better just leave that thing in the garage and go out and stare at it everyday. Way too nice to get dirty. LOL Great Job!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
QUOTE(sandshots @ Aug 1 2008, 03:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=538390
<div class='quotemain'>i polish the easy stuff, the rest gets paint or pc.

is miguel's bike done?

[/b]
lets see some pics
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

God Miguel I really do hate you!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts