Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I am a total noob :_specialED: when it comes to atv's ive come to you guys looking for some help.

My first problem is my kick start arm won't stay folded in. I have big legs and this crap is always poking me. Im not sure if this happens to all the bikes or not.

Second is my rear brakes. I just replaced the pads because they were shot and added a parking brake block off. My problem (that also existed pre brake pads) was the pedal will not rebound once pressed in. It will engage the breaks but not return to its original position unless I lift it up with my toe. Any thoughts, comments, noob bashing?

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
Well since I am a total noob :_specialED: when it comes to atv's ive come to you guys looking for some help.

My first problem is my kick start arm won't stay folded in. I have big legs and this crap is always poking me. Im not sure if this happens to all the bikes or not.

Second is my rear brakes. I just replaced the pads because they were shot and added a parking brake block off. My problem (that also existed pre brake pads) was the pedal will not rebound once pressed in. It will engage the breaks but not return to its original position unless I lift it up with my toe. Any thoughts, comments, noob bashing?[/b]
I sounds like the ball bearing on the kicker is wore out. You are missing the spring on the brake pedal for the return action.

·
Registered
162 Posts
with the brakes is there a big spring that goes from the lever to the frame make sure it's still there. there should be two springs one comes off the backside of the lever and goes to the brake switch i believe (could be wrong)and the other comes off the top of the lever and goes to the frame that is your return spring, or maybe you need to take the bolt out that mounts the lever and regrease it with waterproof grease, or antiseze works good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Second is my rear brakes. I just replaced the pads because they were shot and added a parking brake block off. My problem (that also existed pre brake pads) was the pedal will not rebound once pressed in. It will engage the breaks but not return to its original position unless I lift it up with my toe. Any thoughts, comments, noob bashing?[/b]
I sounds like the ball bearing on the kicker is wore out. You are missing the spring on the brake pedal for the return action.
[/b]

Springs are there, I think some re-greasing may do the trick.

Any idea about that ball bearing assembly and its parts?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you open the doc. above?[/b]

my Microsoft office was retarded last night. I had to DL a new copy.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Are you sure that the BIG spring is still there?? Just the brake light switch spring will not have anough pull to return the brake lever. See part number 9 in the .doc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts