Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve noticed I’ve been hearing noises kinda like the chain hitting or like a clanking noise. It’s coming from the front sprocket area. I can hear it and my buddy next to me riding can hear it, only does it when I’m hitting bumps, or if I’m going to slow for that gear and I hit the gas and turn left. I thought maybe it was my shaft to the front sprocket but idk. Any ideas what it could be?

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,668 Posts
Probably your chain hitting your swingarm because it wore through the front chain slider. Take a look and see. If it has been hitting it for awhile you may need to replace your swingarm. Otherwise replace the slider and you should be good to go.

·
Truck Yea
5,790 Posts
chain is to loose or smacking your swingarm or skid

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably your chain hitting your swingarm because it wore through the front chain slider. Take a look and see. If it has been hitting it for awhile you may need to replace your swingarm. Otherwise replace the slider and you should be good to go.
I was kinda thinking that to but my buddy rode behind me and said the chain isn’t hitting anything. The chains tight

·
Truck Yea
5,790 Posts
Remove the chain, spin front sprocket. Noise still there? Is the sprocket loose?

I was hearing a noise perhaps similar to yours. Thought chain, sprocket even maybe transmission issues. Turns out the skid plate was loose and rattling. I have a metal skid plate too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remove the chain, spin front sprocket. Noise still there? Is the sprocket loose?

I was hearing a noise perhaps similar to yours. Thought chain, sprocket even maybe transmission issues. Turns out the skid plate was loose and rattling. I have a metal skid plate too
I’ll look at it and take the chain off when I get back to it. I don’t have a skid plate so it’s not that. Thank you

·
Truck Yea
5,790 Posts
Good luck

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,668 Posts
First, your chain should not be “tight”, that will cause stuff to wear much faster and can ruin a lot of different bearings. You want 1 1/2” or so of up and down slack.
Even if your chain is adjusted properly it can still smack the very front of the swingarm where it pivots and cause noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts