Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Bel Ray filter oil, and cleaning it by giving it a quick soak with varsol and cleaning thoroughly with hot water and dish detergent, and rinsing with clean water, and let dry in front of a fan. My dealer doesn't have any Bel Ray oil left, and I am looking for different options, and have seen the NO TOIL oil and cleaner and was wondering if they are good or not? I have picked up a bottle of Honda foam filter oil, but don't really like it that much because it doesn't have any color to it, and I can't tell if I have the filter evenly and completely covered with oil.

Also any quick tips on drying filters, rather than waiting?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I use the No Toil on my Sparks ... It is factory Honda Stuff and i like it......

As for the drying ... just wash the filter at night and sleep on it.... you will have to wait till the oil evaporates off the filter as well before it will run good too......

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by KillerQuad@Jul 21 2004, 08:45 AM
I use the No Toil on my Sparks ... It is factory Honda Stuff and i like it......

As for the drying ... just wash the filter at night and sleep on it.... you will have to wait till the oil evaporates off the filter as well before it will run good too......
Killer, the NO TOIL is factory Honda?

What do you mean by waiting for the oil to evaporate?

Is there any color to it, or is it clear like the Honda oil?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Binge,
I race at atrack where a lot of guys use No Toil, and they seem to like it very much! That is the brand of oil I was going to use when I get my Sparks filters in! I have never heard a bad thing about it. I believe it is red in color or maybe even orange. I pretty sure that it is red though. And it doesn't take any type of harsh cleaners to get the filters clean either! Just dish detergent. As far as drying them, I always get two filters and that way I have a spare. Clean one and put the other on so I am always ready to ride! In front of the fan is the best way I have found! Don't try and heat it with anything like a blow dryer because the heat will break down the foam material, and the filter will start to crumble after awhile!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by durabluz400@Jul 21 2004, 01:38 PM
Binge,
I race at atrack where a lot of guys use No Toil, and they seem to like it very much! That is the brand of oil I was going to use when I get my Sparks filters in! I have never heard a bad thing about it. I believe it is red in color or maybe even orange. I pretty sure that it is red though. And it doesn't take any type of harsh cleaners to get the filters clean either! Just dish detergent. As far as drying them, I always get two filters and that way I have a spare. Clean one and put the other on so I am always ready to ride! In front of the fan is the best way I have found! Don't try and heat it with anything like a blow dryer because the heat will break down the foam material, and the filter will start to crumble after awhile!
I use no toil, and I love it. however you are wrong about not needing any harsh cleaners. Dish soap will not clean this stuff out...you cant even get it off your hands with dish soap. when you buy the kit it comes with a filter cleaner. Its a fine powder. Thats the only thing I have found that will clean this oil and dirt from the filters. its almost like magic....I like the stuff alot and wouldnt trade it for nothing.

and yes it is red.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by BingeNut+Jul 21 2004, 09:33 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-KillerQuad
@Jul 21 2004, 08:45 AM

Is there any color to it, or is it clear like the Honda oil? [/b]
you are wrong. No-toil is its own brand. Honda just uses it...I have found 2 different types of this no-toil stuff out there...one actually says Honda on it, and there is little to no color. If you look you will find a red bottle that says no-toil on it, this is the factory no-toil stuff and does not say Honda on it at all. This stuff is red, and you can see it on the filter really easy....but its the same stuff that Honda uses only the Honda stuff is yellow, and this stuff is red.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i have been using no toil for years. its been the best. speacily on those 2 day races. can race saturday then in the evening while relaxing i can clean the filter with some hot water from the trailer and the cleaner. shabang clean air filter ready to go for sunday.
oh and washing it off my hands not a problems little dish soap works wonders.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by desertratt13@Jul 21 2004, 09:57 PM
i have been using no toil for years. its been the best. speacily on those 2 day races. can race saturday then in the evening while relaxing i can clean the filter with some hot water from the trailer and the cleaner. shabang clean air filter ready to go for sunday.
oh and washing it off my hands not a problems little dish soap works wonders.
I cant wash it off with dish soap....it wont take it off...I use the cleaner that comes with it for my hands...then I use the dish soap....then it come right off.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
All I have used is PJ1, and this FFT by Maxima which is pretty awesome but a bit hard to clean off unless you use a good solvent ... Hot water & dishwashing soap won't hardly budge this stuff[/b]
Have you tried Dawn? It *really* does take the grease away better than the others. When using other dishwashing liquids I have trouble, but Dawn breaks it down easily. No I don't own Procter & Gamble stock

·
Registered
733 Posts
i use and like No Toil, but my WB filter is red like the oil... makes it hard to see. and i have never seen clear or yellow honda filter oil. my Pro Honda foam filter oil is dark blue. :huh:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Jul 21 2004, 06:11 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 09:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-KillerQuad
@Jul 21 2004, 08:45 AM

Is there any color to it, or is it clear like the Honda oil?
you are wrong. No-toil is its own brand. Honda just uses it...I have found 2 different types of this no-toil stuff out there...one actually says Honda on it, and there is little to no color. If you look you will find a red bottle that says no-toil on it, this is the factory no-toil stuff and does not say Honda on it at all. This stuff is red, and you can see it on the filter really easy....but its the same stuff that Honda uses only the Honda stuff is yellow, and this stuff is red.[/b]
Lude, I was questioning Killer about the fact that it was factory Honda, not stating that it was, I guess I should have worded it different.

Thanks for all the replies, I guess I will give this stuff a try.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Fuchs Silkolene is a good one. It's kind of expensive, but it is a dark blue color. It definetly shows up well on the yellow honda filter. After yesterdays trip to the badlands I had a nice dirt cake in there at the end of the day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No-Toil is awesome. Easy to clean. It makes cleaning your filter not as bad of a chore.
I just bought some of the Honda factory No-toil and it is now red in color.
Do you guys use sealing grease on your filter?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by sandman17@Aug 20 2004, 09:28 PM
No-Toil is awesome.  Easy to clean.  It makes cleaning your filter not as bad of a chore.
I just bought some of the Honda factory No-toil and it is now red in color.
Do you guys use sealing grease on your filter?
yes, I use the no-toil, and the sealing grease that comes with it...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Someone once told me to wear latex glaves and just spread it on. Can it be put on to thick? Can someone draw me a picture as I am LOST!! :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
I use no toil & like it :D just read the directions!!!I put the clean filter in a 1 gallon zip lock bag add oil,close bag & spread the oil evenly.then i wear latex gloves & squeez out excess oil.super easy to clean.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i use to use the no toil....but i didnt like dealiing with the liquid...and it didnt seem to last that long for me...I started using the fab 1...do any of you use that stuff...if so how do you like it..

·
Registered
266 Posts
I too have been using their products for the past few years. I have about 5 filters(for my 250R) and use the cleaner and oil. You can get the oil in a spray can or bottle, both work well.
You can also order this stuff in larger quantities, like a half gallon or something.
ERIC

·
Registered
483 Posts
I also use the No-Toil oil and cleaner. THe cleaner makes the filter looks just like new in minutes. The spray also makes it easy to evenly coat the filter.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i use no toil its great,wash mine with there cleaner and wear latex gloves no mess, just pull them off all done.use assy lube on the rubber makes it easer to pull off when the need for cleaning again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts