Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2014 Trx450er and was recently riding when it just fell on its face and wouldn’t start back. Got it home to find out there is no spark and the killswitch is blowing the fuse. Items I have replaced trying to fix the issue consist of, stator, ignition coil, and the switch assy, none of which has fixed any issue, I’ve taken the wiring harness almost completely down to find pretty much nothing related to shorts or anything melted together. Any help would be appreciated to get pointed in the right direction.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,963 Posts
only thing I can say is to take a multimeter and starting ohming wires. It sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere. Find the wire with the short and then search the wire for a break or wear spot where it may be grounding out. That may be the problem, may not be, but it’s free and that’s where I would start.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hoser is correct, fuse popping automatically is a short to ground. What I do to help find shorts, is I have an LED light with spade terminals connected to the power and ground wires, and I plug this in place of the fuse. When a short is present, the light will be on. You can start unplugging things one by one until the light goes out. You can also try wiggling the harness in places to see if the light goes out. There isn't a lot of wiring with these things. Should be able to find it pretty quickly with the light technique. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts