Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I’m new to the 4 stroke world as I bought my first 05 450r . I’m a 2 stroke quad guy as I have a 02 banshee and 87 trx250r. My question is I wanted to do a few simple mods on the 450r to get me started. The 450r is mostly stock with white brother slip on , and uni filter, it has stock and stock carb jets . But it looks like you can no longer get the 05 hrc needle . Should I just work with the stock carb for now ?
im also wanted a hot cam stage 2 later on , maybe a fcr carb swap , Dasa exhaust , big bore etc
my future plans is a full rebuild of the quad

·
Registered
489 Posts
The HRC Needle is no Longer available unfortunately... If you want call Racers Edge on Monday and ask for Ryan W. (Me) I will look around. I believe I seen a few HRC Needles for the 04/05 Carburetors that we have laying around.

If you want to get the best bang for the buck I would Highly Suggest to just do a FCR Carburetor Swap. The best FCR Carburetor to use in my opinion is from the 2007 CRF250R. That carburetor is 41mm and the Accelerator pump screw faces back towards the air box and you do not need to cut the top of the Carburetor off to make the Fuel Tank fit. You will however need a Air Box Adaptor or a 2008 Air Box at least. The Adaptor ring is much easier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll give you guys a call for sure. man that would be awesome . I’m local to racer edge also which is even better.
I'm wanting a fcr carb also for one of my later mods. Can you use the Crf250r carb ? I thought it was Crf450r only?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The HRC Needle is no Longer available unfortunately... If you want call Racers Edge on Monday and ask for Ryan W. (Me) I will look around. I believe I seen a few HRC Needles for the 04/05 Carburetors that we have laying around.

If you want to get the best bang for the buck I would Highly Suggest to just do a FCR Carburetor Swap. The best FCR Carburetor to use in my opinion is from the 2007 CRF250R. That carburetor is 41mm and the Accelerator pump screw faces back towards the air box and you do not need to cut the top of the Carburetor off to make the Fuel Tank fit. You will however need a Air Box Adaptor or a 2008 Air Box at least. The Adaptor ring is much easier.
Any 06+ needles by chance ?

·
Truck Yea
5,764 Posts
Any 06+ needles by chance ?
they can be found obler i think its the model. i just used a ncvq needle as its very similar and avail for yamaha

Reactions: Ryan94Wright
1 - 5 of 5 Posts