Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used any of Nmotion's products? They have a 520& 570 kit available for the TRX. Also their pipes are nice. I havent heard much about them so any info would help.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
There si nothign available yet. They are new cvompany, and having the Cylindrr made as we speak, or it might be done and they are just waiting fro gaskets. I tried to buy one last week.
Its a cast cylinder with a 12.5:1 comp piston.
You have to da case machining. Nate told me that you can doit by taping up the hole adn turning on the vacuum
. Thats crazy if you ask me. You should split the case, which is what you have to fo to get the 570. Its not all bore. Its a stroker. All this stuff is too new for me to try.

·
Registered
360 Posts
KGB if you get one of the 520 let me know how it goes. Nmotion is like 1.5hrs from my house so would be nice to find a local shop that knows something :)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke to them this week and they were still about 3 weeks away from being ready to sell their kits. the 570 may even be further off. They did say they will be selling the 520 kit for 995.00. It sounds a bit pricey when compared to FST's 500 kit. I dont know if the extra 20cc is worth it? They also said about 3 weeks till their photo shot for DW, hopefully DW will do a test ride and give some type of comparison.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
They have been saying 2 weeks , 3 weeks for months now. The difference between their and Mickeys kit is its a new cylinder, you need not wait for Dunlap to send you your stuff back. I have heard horror stories and stories of quick turn around as well. You also have your stocker that you can alledegely bolt right back on and race in 450 classes.
The whole maching the case with a dremel, duct tape, and a vacuum makes me EXTREMELY nervous.
I scored a new stock cylinder and head yesterday, so I will do it my own way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually, Mickey will ship you a cylinder he's already had bored & plated, then you return yours as a core (much like buying a water pump for a small chevy) - so you have virtually no downtime.

You can then buy a new cylinder from Honda for $160 if you'd like to have one on hand.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KGB, are the horror stories your hearing about FST or Nmotion? Both MD and Nate were very pleasant to talk with about their kits. I just wonder if 520cc's may be a bit much for the stock rod & crank. Also from what i was told Nmotions 520 is also just a bore, no machining needed.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
You name a atv shop and I could dig up somebody who could tell a horror story about them. I have my share, in fact, I have rarely been totally satisfied with the service I have recieved. If I treated my customers the way these shops treat us, I would never sell anything EVER.

Nate has been cool to me, for sure. But as I said, he has told me 3 times it will be available in a week, two weeks, three weeks, we are waiting on gaskets, waiting on casting, waiting on pistons, ect. He told me he would call me all 3 times in the allotted time, and I have never recieved a call. I have cash and am ready to spend it, he was told that. You should not string people along like I feel he has to me. I don;t need lip service, I need a 520. Just tell me your not ready, and still shaking out things (like Ron Hamp does), I will call you when its ready. This does not cause me to keep my money from them, but anybody who tells me they can machine a case, with duct tape, a dremel, and a shop vac. will not get my business. How much of the rest of thier operation is help together by duct tape?
Ask again, it needs machining. Or is it a dremel and ductape?

A very good friend of mine was bent over bad by Onelap Dunlap, but in fairness I know of a guy (via internet) who was really happy with his service. I am not going to get into it, but based on the way Onelap treated my friend, I will never send him one dollar for anything.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool. I definetely know how you feel. To bad about your friend, Mickey has a weird reputation. It seems like maybe he puts more effort into his pro riders than his customers. I hope Nmotion gets their stuff together soon. On the 520 kit are you saying you need to machine the cases?

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Yes, you must machine the cases on the Nmotion. Thats what Nate told me, but he also told me that he would have me a cylinder 2 weeks ago.
If you read their web page, you can see it says, "TRX520R Big Bore Cylinder Kit.
This kit includes a complete new cylinder (no core charge), piston and gaskets. This kit requires simple engine case modification.
520cc Kit $995.00
"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts