Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm a new comer and need some help and don't know how to get it. So I'm just going to do this. I've got a 2014 Honda trx450er factory. My problem is I did an oil change and placed the oil filter in backwards. " I know a dumb rookie mistake" my oil became extremely black after about 6 hours. I drained it and filled it again not messing with the filter. Almost instantly the oil was black. I rode it for about 1/4 mile witch I then started to hear a pinging noise the just like that she shut off and since it won't start. Why and what can I do. Please anyone I'd appreciate the help

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,257 Posts
Will it turn over and not start, or will it not even turn over? More than likely you did significant damage to many components of your engine. The first place pressurized oil goes to is the filter, and with no place to go it likely just blew out the oil pressure relief valve and didn’t circulate through your motor at all. Some Components and bearings receive splash lubrication and don’t need circulated oil, however, your crank, piston, cam tower, etc. do. I would expect to do a full rebuild with a new crank, have the head redone with new valves and guides, new cam and bearings, new cam tower with exhaust valve rocker, as well as any bearings that look like they were oil starved. I’ve rebuilt motors that have been oil starved and it’s not pretty. Pretty much everything is just fried.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts