Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok guys im so exited to show you the next upgrade on my quad, this NOLINK rear. I been in conversations with James Woodford from XTRAVEL and i finally got this item for my kids prerunner and my Baja quad (Baja 1000 to La Paz, here we come)

anyway guys i wanted to show you upclose and personal the great product and how revolutionary this item is compared to other links. this one eliminated the link part from the rear. its very similar to the KTM quads that have no links. It provides more travel and less kick than any other link i have ever seen or used. Not even ELKA, Dirtworks, Teixeira, GT, LSR have the travel this NOLINK system has.. the rear kick is almost nonexistent

the rear shock needs to modified to work with this set up but dont worry guys, Bart from ShockworX http://www.shockworxmotorsports.com/ sells shocks for it and he can also modify your existing shock (probably cheaper than buying a new one). Many of you know ShockworX from many pros a from the GNCC world but not sure if you knew that Bart also does shocks for Baja/ desert racers like Myself, Kabu Motorsports and countless other.

The linkage with stock TRX450 shock will cycle 12" of rear wheel travel. With longtravel shock you can cycle 13.5" of travel on 04-05 swingarms and 14-14.5" of travel with 2006+ swingarm. All dependson the shock setup choice, which can be discussed with ShockworXs

20201022_230352.jpg
IMG_20201022_212826_493.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is one of the top riders in the desert Jeremy Gray and watch the video of him riding the XTRAVEL quad.
Pic 1.jpeg
pic 2.jpeg

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Truck Yea
5,573 Posts
interesting. so no more bucking at all ever huh?

I like the swing arm skid too reminds me of (now closed) prm brand

Looked online, they dont really seem to have a website that details much on their products it seems

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Looked online, they dont really seem to have a website that details much on their products it seems
I know.. ill be testing it in a race in dec. I do love the skid also, yes i does look like PRM. So far all the parts are top notch and if properly setup the shock its a very minimal kick at all.

I do like it a lot specially since it reminds me of the KTM no link setup. Its sweet..

·
Truck Yea
5,573 Posts
I know.. ill be testing it in a race in dec. I do love the skid also, yes i does look like PRM. So far all the parts are top notch and if properly setup the shock its a very minimal kick at all.

I do like it a lot specially since it reminds me of the KTM no link setup. Its sweet..
Let us know how it goes. The stupid bucking looks like it’s gone on the video too

Reactions: hoser

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Did you saw the video?

·
Truck Yea
5,573 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let us know how it goes. The stupid bucking looks like it’s gone on the video too
Sure bro, also the entire set up is only 600, skid and "link" so its cheaper than the top brands like Elka,LSR and others.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you know the shock lengths and travel?
So linkage- with stock Trx450 shock you will cycle 12” of rear whee travel.

With long travel shock you will cycle 13.5” of travel on 05’ swingarm and 14”-14.5” of travel with 06” and up. Depending on shock setup choice.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you know the shock lengths and travel?
So linkage- with stock Trx450 shock you will cycle 12” of rear whee travel.

With long travel shock you will cycle 13.5” of travel on 05’ swingarm and 14”-14.5” of travel with 06” and up. Depending on shock setup choice.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you know the actual shock length needed?
Not me, but i know Bart from ShockworX does, since he is already building a shock for me..

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok guys UPDATE, im currently in Battle Staff so i couldn't receive the link so the nolink link has been shipped to ShockworX for the shock set up. once Bart gets it and finish with the shock set up , everything will be shipped to me and installed pretty quickly.

ill post pics of the items and installation.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here are ACTUAL pictures of the item, directly from SHOCKWORXs desk ,
look at the great construction..

626127425.jpg
626136706.jpg
626136722.jpg
626136734.jpg
626136974.jpg
626136987.jpg
IMG_1819.jpg
received_979982705815812.jpeg

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE guys, here is the pics of the skid and love it.. Same or better as PRM. Highly recommended!! And it can fit any link for what i can see so its a plus for people like me that needs a good solid skid.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts