Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make the ATV community aware of the NEW Sparks megaphone exhaust for the TRX. The first 10 productions pipes were completed in January prior to the FSA race at Glamis and supplied to racers for testing. Several who purchased this pipe tested them back to back against their DASA shorty's (which have been very popular within FSA) and saw a 2 HP gain with the new Sparks.

Here's is how they look new. The canisters or entire pipe are also offered in ceramic black.

Contact Sparks (661) 872-4343 for more info.

·
450 **** Raiser
2,165 Posts
Cool!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
2hp over the dasa?? Whats the cost?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Most of us won't see a 2hp gain cause most of us are not flowing what the fsa quads flow, but on my little 480 I did see a full hp over a full length dasa.

Crusier69. LOUD!!! But so is a dasa classic and a shorty is even louder

·
Registered
497 Posts
My 480 hit 60hp 42tq with sparks exhaust. Dasa 58hp. Oh and it has a venom head lol
700.00 +

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what pipe Hawk is referring to that he tested, but the 10 megaphone exhausts that were made went to FSA racers/shops that had reserved pipes through me prior to production. 2 HP has been the average gain on small builds with larger gains on 550cc+ builds.

This megaphone design is nothing new from SPARKS, it has been around for 10+ years on specific builds. This is however the first offering for the TRX to the public due to extensive labor that is involved in manufacturing the megaphone. They are hand crafted in shop at Sparks Racing. The megaphone is what separates this pipe from the others.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Most of us won't see a 2hp gain cause most of us are not flowing what the fsa quads flow, but on my little 480 I did see a full hp over a full length dasa.

Crusier69. LOUD!!! But so is a dasa classic and a shorty is even louder
Dammnn Hawk you have one too!! Guess I'm going to have to save my pennies to try one out.

Sonny

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Saw this pipe at glamis fsa - looks slick and definetely has my interests peaked

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Not sure what pipe Hawk is referring to that he tested, but the 10 megaphone exhausts that were made went to FSA racers/shops that had reserved pipes through me prior to production. 2 HP has been the average gain on small builds with larger gains on 550cc+ builds.

This megaphone design is nothing new from SPARKS, it has been around for 10+ years on specific builds. This is however the first offering for the TRX to the public due to extensive labor that is involved in manufacturing the megaphone. They are hand crafted in shop at Sparks Racing. The megaphone is what separates this pipe from the others.
Tom, my bad i went and looked at my dyno sheets, the exhaust was Jody's and the 1 hp was from his intake ( fci with sparks foam) the exhaust made 1.86 but I was on the stock CDI and making peak power when it pulled the plug.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Tell us the price!!! Man I wanna know if I wil see a 2hp gain over my short Dasa if so it's for sale haha but my Dasa is very nice!

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom, my bad i went and looked at my dyno sheets, the exhaust was Jody's and the 1 hp was from his intake ( fci with sparks foam) the exhaust made 1.86 but I was on the stock CDI and making peak power when it pulled the plug.

Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Dam hahahaga but good power that's what ppl need

·
Banned
2,591 Posts
Only good peak power. Id be willing to bet that across the board for many of us in the 50hp range this pipe wont be of great benefit. Hawk way to throw out misinformation glad the op was able to get you to clarify. Let's let the experienced guys give their input.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Only good peak power. Id be willing to bet that across the board for many of us in the 50hp range this pipe wont be of great benefit. Hawk way to throw out misinformation glad the op was able to get you to clarify. Let's let the experienced guys give their input.
I thought you wanted this shlt to stop?
What information did you give? None, just a very uneducated guess, and with your mods your not in the 50's.
"Let the experienced guys give their input" why are you posting? Did you even know these exhausts existed? Yet alone dynoed one years ago? Didn't think so. I did and have, doesn't that count as experience?
You cry to the mods that I'm picking on you saying it needs to stop, then you dig up a thread from 2011 trying to show me giving bad information, then I make an effort to help you out in your topic and be civil, now this is the second time you take a shot at me.
Tom didnt ask me to clarify anything, I did because he might have thought I had tested a big core cause there are not a lot of these out there, I should have looked at my dyno sheets before posting I had 1.2 in my head, sorry I was wrong.

Now that we have beaten my mistake to death why don't you enlighten us with all the dyno testing of parts you have done. What results have you seen from diferent exhausts, pistons, bore size, carbs, porting, valves, cams, heck tell us anything you have tested with something other then your butt dyno

1 - 20 of 57 Posts