Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen the new G-Force racing axle that Rocky Mountain ATV has for sale? $199.00 and that's for a +2-+4 set up. They look sweet and have a nice warranty too. That'll be my next purchase. :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer@Sep 30 2004, 07:04 PM
Never heard of it. That is a good price for an aftermarket axle.
I just saw it today on their website.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Man 199.00 is a great deal on an aftermarket axel. That may be on my list of stuff to buy. :wacko:

Seems like every day I tell myself I am done spending money, and then 5 minutes later I add something to the list hahah never ends I guess.
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im new here can you tell me what the +2 +4 stands for. Is it one axel is 2" or 4" wider over all than stock. thanks in advance

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by utterc750@Sep 30 2004, 08:33 PM
Im new here can you tell me what the +2 +4 stands for. Is it one axel is 2" or 4" wider over all than stock. thanks in advance
Yes you are correct. Once you install it you 'll have the choice of which width you'd want. Once you do that you'll need to add spacers or extended a-arms to the front to equalize it with the rear axle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is a good price on an axle but man, its un-proven product though. I'd see if you get some feedback from other buyers. I wouldnt buy an axle unless it had LSR, RPM, or durablue stamped on it! Trusted parts my friends....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Someone has to test it. I'm gonna give it a try for 199.00. Wonder how funny it will look with stock a-arms.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by thesb@Oct 1 2004, 06:18 AM
What is the most offset you can get on rims, and where could you find them?
I think a 2" offset is the most you can get on the front wheels and Rocky Mountain should have them. I would just purchase wheels spacers to match up with the axle. As far as proven products. RPM, Durablue, and LSR axle break all of the time. Just like theirs G-Force axles may break as well but what does that matter if it has a lifetime warranty. They only break when you have a bad crash at high speeds ot jumping 50' and landing sideways. I'd rather save 150.00 bucks and getting this axle with the same warranty even though it's "UN-PROVEN".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts