Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else to consider?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I might sell my HMF bill balance carbon pipe. When I bought it I thought I would do mainly trails and wanted a pipe that smoothed my powerband out. Now I only ride MX and Dunes so going to sell it and get something else. What now? Help me :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
yoshi carbon pro all the way

·
Registered
733 Posts
out of those listed, i like the yoshi best... but you left out the WB aluminum & carbon. B)

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
personally , i would wait until the dec. issue of dirt wheels to buy a pipe.

EVERYTHING, is going to change with that issue.

if you can't wait, nothing currently made is a match for pro-circuit for peak hp + a wide torque curve.

........mixxer

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ty mixxer for the heads up on that pipe. What is going to be in the DEC issue? Any idea or just a pipe shootout?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by mixxer@Oct 6 2004, 07:16 AM
personally , i would wait until the dec. issue of dirt wheels to buy a pipe.

EVERYTHING, is going to change with that issue.

if you can't wait, nothing currently made is a match for pro-circuit for peak hp + a wide torque curve.

........mixxer
I have a Pro Circuit Ti-4 titanium and I love it.......

kazpr, do you still have the stock compression...If so then you should look at the Dr.D or the Pro Circuit. Certain pipes are made for different applications. But, I know these two pipes are made for the stock header pipe and stock piston!! Just my 2 cents!!!! B)

Oh yeh, Like Richard Prior said....I vote for None of the above!!! :lol:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got off the Phone w/ Johnny hale he recommends the Sparks and Dmc. Said he has had really good luck w/ Dmc also. Have never known anyone with a DMC. I plan to change my compression to 13:1 also.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by kazpr@Oct 6 2004, 11:25 AM
Just got off the Phone w/ Johnny hale he recommends the Sparks and Dmc. Said he has had really good luck w/ Dmc also. Have never known anyone with a DMC. I plan to change my compression to 13:1 also.
Then get full exhaust. I had DMC on my 400ex and in time it fell apart. The heat sheild came apart where it was welded and I keep loosing the little bolts that held everything together at the spark arrester.

If I got full exhaust, then I would go with Yoshi! :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm thinking of trying a rossier.Alot of people racing around here have them.They look real nice and make a short can for race or longer (quieter).They claim you'll only lose 1hp with the longer one,but stay around 96db.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya when I saw a picture of Joe's bike I thought about that one also.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like my Duncan Fatboy4 system, but it is kinda loud, especially before I put the spark arrestor & turndown on it. I just ordered a Dr. D slip on for right around $220.00 shipped. I will use the D when I go to noise sensitive places to ride, and from what I've heard it makes killer power on a stock compression 450, I'm sure the Fatboy will be suited better to either of Duncans big bore kits, which will have to wait untill after Christmas....waiting....waiting..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try A Baldwin full stainless-excellent fit and finish,killer sound and oh yeah,it rips
with his cam and jetting mods.
This man knows hondas.....period. B)

·
Registered
547 Posts
what is so special about the december issue?
i am leaning towards the sparks pipe or lrd full systems.
whats the pros and cons of cermatic coating?
im thinking thats the kind i want cuz my 04 450r head pipe is really discolored and rust spots are starting to form all over it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts