Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered new exhaust. It's a Dr D. Got it from parts direct. also got a power pak and shock covers. Since I live in las vegas, and that's were their store is, sure makes it easy shopping. The dude there, gilbert gave me a sweet deal on everything. Dr d, lists at $295, got it for $200. power pak lists at $244 got it for $180 and 10% off shock covers. He even called his suppliers to she which exhaust i could get the quickest. wanted the bill balance but hmf is about 3 weeks behind, needed the exhaust by halloween so that's why the dr. d will be here next tuesday.
boy what a difference the power pak made. I used the 170 main jet. after i get the pipe, might have to go up tp 180 or so. pulled the front end up in 3rd gear without even pulling up on handle bars. great machine. also got a killer deal on the quad. (I think so) $7k otd.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sweet !! great choice on the pipe. I still dont know which one to get (chm,dr.d,or alba.).Is your quad an 05?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just got back from dunes. beat everything there except 2 700 kaws. raptors no problem. y450's real close. love this quad.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup, someone said that they had nos system. rich kids, mom & dad loaded. nobody came close.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
these guys would never stick around, so u couldn't get a good look at the quad or ask them any questions on what mods. Had realy tall paddles on them , biggest i've ever seen.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just put on the dr d. and changed the main jet to 175. have to wait till weekend to check it out. taking it back to dealer tomorrow for the 10 hr maintenance.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by hoop52@Oct 12 2004, 09:58 PM
just put on the dr d. and changed the main jet to 175. have to wait till weekend to check it out. taking it back to dealer tomorrow for the 10 hr maintenance.
If it runs funny, you may want to step up to a 185 main!! Just a thought!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey hoop were you at Amargosa? I am friends with the guys with the 700's. I have the 450 with the red hmf pipe. We raced once. The 700's do have the "squeeze" The orange one is one of the quickest around. It has a FST big bore and nitrous.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Im glad to see there are some honest people around...My stock kfx700 would blow my stock 450r off the road when I got it new....now that I have worked on my 450r it is faster...but off the line it still plays catch up...those 700 are bad a$$....you will see alot of people saying they are slow POS's, and thier z400 will smoke them....right there is a dead give away that they are full of sh!t. My 700 will smoke just about any z400, and just about any 450r...you have to do quite a bit of work to the 450r to make it stay up with the 700...unless your talking top speed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
New to the board and its great!! I just purchased the Alba pipe kit K&N adapt and jet kit. Changed to 190 main 50 idle and 2turn out on the the low speed screw and #4 down from the top on the needle. Took about 3 hrs to do but talk about alot of difference. Just ran it at my buddies house against his new '05 yzf and I walked away. Boy did it feel good to make him eat his YAMMy one more time!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks rico, i just took it down the street about an 500 ft. seemed to run ok in that distance. Neighbors don't appreciate me running up and down the street. can't blame them, quad were made for dirt not pavement. the real test will be back at the dunes. I think the biggest jet i have is a 180. maybe i should pick up some other ones when i get my quad back

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by hoop52@Oct 13 2004, 09:51 PM
thanks rico, i just took it down the street about an 500 ft. seemed to run ok in that distance. Neighbors don't appreciate me running up and down the street. can't blame them, quad were made for dirt not pavement. the real test will be back at the dunes. I think the biggest jet i have is a 180. maybe i should pick up some other ones when i get my quad back
No problem, you should pick up some extra jets just in case!! B)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts