Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Rico'450R@Sep 3 2004, 11:28 AM
So, what do you think of those Hipers?
I like them a lot. I had the rear rims for about 2 years. They were on my 250R. The tires and the front rims are only a couple of months old. The thing I like the best is I can take the tires off of the rims myself without any special tools. I was at Croom motorcycle park on Sunday and got a rear flat, hole in the side wall. Luckily the motorcycle shop at the front gate is open on Sunday, but no mechanic. I was able to change the tire myself.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer+Sep 3 2004, 02:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rico'450R
@Sep 3 2004, 11:28 AM
So, what do you think of those Hipers?
I like them a lot. I had the rear rims for about 2 years. They were on my 250R. The tires and the front rims are only a couple of months old. The thing I like the best is I can take the tires off of the rims myself without any special tools. I was at Croom motorcycle park on Sunday and got a rear flat, hole in the side wall. Luckily the motorcycle shop at the front gate is open on Sunday, but no mechanic. I was able to change the tire myself. [/b]
That's awesome, that's really good to know. Thanks, Rico :D

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Ok TRXRacer, one more question. Is it the Hipers or any of the bead locks that make it easy to change tires without a machine? Because, that to me makes buying beadlocks worth it! :D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure about other beadlocks. On the rear it is a dual beadlock so you take off the rings and the inner part of the rim almost slides right out. You need to just pop it out with a screwdriver. The front you take the ring off and it is easy to break to bead by just standing on the tire.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer@Sep 4 2004, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure about other beadlocks. On the rear it is a dual beadlock so you take off the rings and the inner part of the rim almost slides right out. You need to just pop it out with a screwdriver. The front you take the ring off and it is easy to break to bead by just standing on the tire.
Thanks, I appreciate it! :D

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by redrocket08@Oct 13 2004, 09:07 AM
Looks like an American flag to me  B)
Ya, It's the American 450R. I think that's pretty darn cool. IMO>> Good looking bike. I like it allot!! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where did you get the seat cover?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Power Stroker@Oct 13 2004, 11:36 AM
Where did you get the seat cover?
Cascade Innovations. They have 4 different 450R seat covers. There is a couple pictured on their website in the photo album section page 2, but if you call them they will send you a bunch of material samples and the different patterns. Here is their website.
http://www.cascade-innovations.com/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts