Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...
Well I think I got my camera figured out and my TRX now looks RED instead of orange. The sun started to fall so some of the pics are kind of shaded or glazed looking because I didn't have much light to work with. But I decided to keep it so I went out and spent some more money on it :D .

And here is a pic of my new truck with my R. :D

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. Quad looks killer, now sell it to me already! sheesh

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to sell it to you... :D But you said you got a deal through the local dealer and passed on mine <_< . It isn't for sale any longer though. Didn't get very many serious inquiries so I decided to keep it.

Dave

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
dude we have to hook up and go riding when we get all of sh!t together from the utah trip.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Fender@Sep 27 2004, 10:00 PM
dude we have to hook up and go riding when we get all of sh!t together from the utah trip.
Ya man lets go out sometime... I will be in San Diego this weekend but maybe the following weekend we can go ride... You got my number, call me when you want to go.
Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey I gotta tell you that was some of the most intense wheeling and dealing I've ever done. We were down to a few hundred bucks, some handguards and skidplates when the deal folded. Close but no cigar (or 450r) for now. Timing was just a tad bit off. I'm glad you decided to keep it though insted of sell it to someone for a couple hundred more than I offered.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Danny G@Sep 27 2004, 10:20 PM
Hey I gotta tell you that was some of the most intense wheeling and dealing I've ever done. We were down to a few hundred bucks, some handguards and skidplates when the deal folded. Close but no cigar (or 450r) for now. Timing was just a tad bit off. I'm glad you decided to keep it though insted of sell it to someone for a couple hundred more than I offered.
Haha ya that is very true Danny G. I would have love to sell it to you because from talking to you really seems like a cool dude. I just told my self to not drop below 6000 and if I did I was going to take something off of it to make me get at least 6000 for it. No big deal, if you bought one or are gonna buy one I am sure you will enjoy riding it.

Dave

·
Registered
810 Posts
DannyG, it sounds like you're on the west coast. A local dealer is selling 05' 450r's here for $5900+tax. They even have one with a full Rossier pipe, HRC kit and a Max-power 480 kit already installed $7500+tax. The last one is a great deal. Even with the better deals you can get off the internet on prices this extra(plus labor) isn't that bad. For what I got in mine this would have been a steal. Good Luck...... BTW I'm in Wisconsin

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by Ride_Red626+Sep 27 2004, 10:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fender
@Sep 27 2004, 10:00 PM
Ya man lets go out sometime... I will be in San Diego this weekend but maybe the following weekend we can go ride... You got my number, call me when you want to go.
Dave [/b]
not sure if I got your number man. The pm thing is kinda messed up(like it doesnt tell you about pms) .but it seems to be working now.btw sweet bike and truck!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
602-295-8758. Give me a call. I am going out riding tonight. Now sure if you can go or not if you will check this before about 4:30 but if you do and you can go give me a call. I will be riding up in the North valley somewhere. Just gonna go drive until I find a new riding spot and pull off.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by tuffguy@Sep 28 2004, 09:20 AM
DannyG, it sounds like you're on the west coast. A local dealer is selling 05' 450r's here for $5900+tax. They even have one with a full Rossier pipe, HRC kit and a Max-power 480 kit already installed $7500+tax. The last one is a great deal. Even with the better deals you can get off the internet on prices this extra(plus labor) isn't that bad. For what I got in mine this would have been a steal. Good Luck...... BTW I'm in Wisconsin
Yeah I'm on the west coast where people pay too much for quads, homes and gas. I have a price locked in at a dealer for $6,150 OTD but normally they are getting $7,000 and up.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Danny G. It may be worth it for you to take a trip out here. I bought mine about 4 moths ago for 5500 even OTD. If you back 8% out of that for the sales tax that is what you would pay for it. But you would have to add the tax back in from California if you plan on regestering it which I think is a must in Ca but not 100% sure though.

Dave

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
alright thanks . I cant make it bro. dads not home so I dont have a ride

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bummer, should have gave me a call. I had to swing by my house real quick and grab somethin. I could have gotten my trailer and picked you up. It was a sweet ride. It rained a little bit and the temps dropped nicely. Nothing like wet desert dirt and the smell of fresh rain and desert while your riding :D .

Dave

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey where did you get that bar clamp. I've been looking for a tall 1 1/8" clamp and I can't find a decently priced one around.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Dave- Hey dude, wuz up? Finally got registered on here. Man I look at your ride and just love it every time. I thought it appropriate to post here first! Thanks for all the advice and I'll be here often! L8R!
Scott

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is made by trail tech. It is brad new if you are interested in buying it. I am wanting to go with the tag set up. I thought i had it sold but the buyer back out. Let me know or shoot me a PM.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweet, welcome to the site. Glad you found your way and got registered ok. Enjoy the site, it isn't a TT but there is a wealth of knowledge here. Or Scott, if your still interested in the bars/clamp let me know. :D

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Dave I had the all black Tag bar set up on my KFX400 and it's sweet. The only thing is I wished it had another inch or so rise to it, I like as much rise as I can get with a stock stem.
I haven't seen one installed on a 450r yet but I've seen the kit in the store and the clamp didn't look as tall as the Trail Tech. You might want to check that out before you drop the $210 for the Tag kit.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Actually the more I think about it I may be better off going with a different bar rather than a different clamp. I really like the looks of the Trail Tech and I think with a flatter bar it would be very comfy.

Dave

1 - 20 of 27 Posts