Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
installed and ready to bash some rocks!
The Pro Armor a-arm guards need to come with washers, the bolt head wants to pull through the hole when tightened. Luckily I had some extras laying around.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
....also made this up at work, grill for the center of the frame above the bumper. Made from 0.125" stainless steel (needs to be polished). The reason I made these is because I can see this area being vulnerable, especially in GNCC racing, letting big rocks, mud, etc. reaching the radiator too easily.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Give me some input on these, positive or negative. I'm not real crazy about the mounting scheme (zip-ties), but they do hold it in place pretty well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looking good :D

Ya could try some hose clamps to fasten your grill?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by snowgasm@Oct 6 2004, 07:50 PM
Looking good  :D

Ya could try some hose clamps to fasten your grill?
thanks,
Yeah, I was thinking hose clamps would work fairly well, too.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
that r looks sick with the hypers man. i love it. do you ride that thing at all

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by trx450Rrider@Oct 6 2004, 08:14 PM
that r looks sick with the hypers man. i love it. do you ride that thing at all
hopefully finish the break-in this weekend ^_^

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by spincr4hire@Oct 6 2004, 08:02 PM
....also made this up at work, grill for the center of the frame above the bumper. Made from 0.125" stainless steel (needs to be polished). The reason I made these is because I can see this area being vulnerable, especially in GNCC racing, letting big rocks, mud, etc. reaching the radiator too easily.
I had something like that for my 400ex, I believe it came from DG. Yours looks nice BTW.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
spincr4hire, DG makes a front plate like you did for the 400ex. I'm sure it would fit the 450R, unless DG made the same thing for the 450R. Not sure if the frame in front is the same size or not. But, I'm sure it's pretty close!! B)

good looking black bike man!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
That Grill Looks BAD A$$! But I would TAKE IT OFF NOW!!!!! That is going to really mess up your airflow to your radiator. Thats really bad on the honda because the exhuast is run so close to it!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Patent that poop and get some money for your time and effort.

I got a fem. 2yo. Choc lab too.

Great job.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts