Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I just joined yesterday, I've got an 04 with HRC kit full HMF competition exhaust Pro Design air filter and adapter and a Big Gun overrev box. Nothing too crazy. I also was wondering if anyone has ever used the Pivot Works a arm bushing kits here? I was wondering if the stopper rings in the a arms need to be replaced too or if they are reusable? My upper a arms need new bushings. Do you even need the stopper rings with the Pivot Works kit? Thanks in advance

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,486 Posts
Welcome to the ORG!! Sounds like a nice quad!

As far as I know, the clips fo not come with the Pivot Works kit, probably because they are a non-wear item. You would still need to use the clips as that is how the bushings are located inside of the a-arm sleeve. Usually it is pretty nasty behind the seals, so I’ll take a wire brush with bristles parallel to the shank that is a round the same diameter as the a-arms sleeve and wire brush the clips and bushings real good to get most of the crap out of there. Then a little hand cleaning and a pick will expose the clips.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! It runs great, I love the 04-05 models. Okay that's great to know I appreciate the info, I had a feeling they were gonna need to be re-used. The upper a arms have excessive play but I'm going to replace lower bushings as well while I'm right there because a saw a little movement too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts