Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just bought a 06 450r kicker with so many after market parts it’s hard to identify them all. I’m glad to be apart of the group but I have some questions. Check out the pics below…I am having a hard time identifying what axel nut this is. Also is there any way I can gain more clearance for the rearend other than larger tires and rims? I have fox evol podium shocks on the front and back if that helps. Also I’m looking for a smoother thumb throttle if anyone could recommend a setup I would really appreciate it. I joined in a effort to #savesportquads and I hope to see Honda release a new line soon but I won’t hold my breath.
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Bicycle part Rim Vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Leg Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust

·
Truck Yea
5,744 Posts
rad or duarblue I think. id swap it for a modquad or a stocker or another durablue if you dont mind the cost

as for the throttle, if you wire the throttle position sensors at the bars or under the left fender you can swap the entire unit for an older 04-05 or trx400 throttle assembly and use a trx90 lever on it.its about 1/4" longer than the stock setup and easier to pull for sure

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rad or duarblue I think. id swap it for a modquad or a stocker or another durablue if you dont mind the cost

as for the throttle, if you wire the throttle position sensors at the bars or under the left fender you can swap the entire unit for an older 04-05 or trx400 throttle assembly and use a trx90 lever on it.its about 1/4" longer than the stock setup and easier to pull for sure
thanks! I’ll try to do the throttle swap for sure as for the axel and axel nut I finally figured out what it is the person put a dominator axel with a anti fad nut. Now I’m working on the carb I think the float is stuck it’s a fcr carb with a r and d power bowl. Thanks for replying I appreciate it! This forum has helped a lot so far.

·
Registered
2006 trx500er (aka, Bruno) Athena 500 big bore, hot cam, and gutted exhaust
6 Posts
thanks! I’ll try to do the throttle swap for sure as for the axel and axel nut I finally figured out what it is the person put a dominator axel with a anti fad nut. Now I’m working on the carb I think the float is stuck it’s a fcr carb with a r and d power bowl. Thanks for replying I appreciate it! This forum has helped a lot so far.
Get an urmosi if you don’t mind the price. My old man has one on his trx250r and it’s amazing. As for the throttle position sensor, I would just cut the wires. Mine had that when I got and I rode my buddies and I couldn’t tell the difference (other than mine was way faster because of the mods). Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts