Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Johnson cam with a clearenced cam box and tappets all for $350 shipped!!!! Cam bare is 290 plus shipping ,Thats a savings of at least $170 and all the set up and maching is done for clearencing the cam our paypal is [email protected] Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what's all needed to run it?

larger buckets sunken valve guides?[/b]
The cam tappets that are included are fine they are stock!!!!! Sunken valve guides and a good spring kit is needed!!! And some good exhaust valves!!!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great deal John! Someone who needs to feed a big motor will benefit from this sale....[/b]
Thanks ,Gary!!!! I just listed one of my beast cams to the public to try it is alot bigger and it makes 5 hp across the entire power band and 3-4 more peak ! Along with some great torque!!!!

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Few questions

what kinda process is it to sink the valve guides? and do u think kibble white HD springs are strong enough along with the black diamond valves? and thru ur testing how much better u think it would be over my stage3?

s

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Few questions

what kinda process is it to sink the valve guides? and do u think kibble white HD springs are strong enough along with the black diamond valves? and thru ur testing how much better u think it would be over my stage3?

s[/b]
Well it is a process and believe it or not sinking the valve will lose alot of flow ,so sinking the guides a must and a good spring kit with good exhaust valves a must! High compression engines benifit most with this cam!!! performance the 430-400 alot more top end then the stage 3 !!!!!!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
WHats ur thoughts GARY? itll be going in my 14.1 533? im sure KBR could setup the head, or would it have to go back to venom? 1st

sorry but i know nothing about this stuff

·
Registered
809 Posts
WHats ur thoughts GARY? itll be going in my 14.1 533? im sure KBR could setup the head, or would it have to go back to venom? 1st

sorry but i know nothing about this stuff[/b]

It will make alot more top end and lose bottom end. You would need to clearance the valve pockets on both side as well which would reduce compression a little. Your motor is a candidate for it with all that being said. It needs compression and cc's for it to really work. It will be more stricktly drag and less dune.

Oh and your valve spring config would work just fine. What ever the guides would need to be sunk can be trimmed so you dont loose flow. I think its like .030" or so I believe. You'd have to check with John (J&J) or John (Mixxer) Too many Johns running around here!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

sorry but i know nothing about this stuff[/b]

It will make alot more top end and lose bottom end. You would need to clearance the valve pockets on both side as well which would reduce compression a little. Your motor is a candidate for it with all that being said. It needs compression and cc's for it to really work. It will be more stricktly drag and less dune.
[/b]
Yes,must also check valve to piston clearences on exhaust and intake great cam and check and re cc head after combustion chambers re-worked!!!!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
You would have to sink the guides .050 and it requires heat and a special guide tool.
you would be better off sending it out and have it done correctly.

I ran this cam once.........all top, fair mid and virtually no bottom. this cam would also require cutting the valve pockets to clear. Requires really good springs. It will work with stock buckets.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow and I thought this set up would have beeen gone by now!!!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
all pms returned!!!!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am in a dealin mood first $300 gets it all today only !!! Before 8 pm PST Thanks,John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts