Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to be back and see this site is still up and running. I was on here a while ago ( around 04-08??) under a different screen name (I forgot what it was, I was just an average member nothing special) I have been out of the loop for about 5 years, so Im looking to jump right back in head first! lol

I currently own a 2004 450R that I bought brand new December 24th 2004 and is still running strong. I am sure there is a lot that has changed and new companies ect. here is a few pictures of what it currently looks like, however its due for a facelift.

Thanks for letting me join and I look forward to catching back up and getting back into the sport.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first thing to go is this exhaust. Zero issues and it still sounds great and is loud as shit and I like it, is anyone familiar with this and what it sounds like? If so is there anything comparable to it anyone would recommend? Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,251 Posts
Welcome back!

Looks like the ole girl needs a little love lol!

Sport quads are kind of a dying sport because everyone is buying those SXS. I still love sport quads and can’t ever see owning a SXS, if I want that, I’ll go for a cruise in my car lol. Unfortunately that means there aren’t a lot of new companies that are supporting the sport, in fact, a lot of them don’t even make ATV Parts anymore. Pro Armor made their name in quad parts, now they don’t make a single part for a quad. But there are still some big names around and a few smaller ones. I’ve actually been wanting to start a thread on good companies still supporting quads.

As far as exhaust, Pro Circuit is a decent company, they've been around forever. But yeah, unless you throw a quiet core in it it will be pretty loud. I like a quieter exhaust myself, so a Yoshimura, HMF, DASA, or another good quality pipe is the way to go, and all those have a quiet core to tone it down a bit. Just make sure to do a full exhaust, not just a slip-on. Also, make sure to keep up on the pipe and re-pack it regularly.

Looking forward to seeing how your quad progresses!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome back!

Looks like the ole girl needs a little love lol!

Sport quads are kind of a dying sport because everyone is buying those SXS. I still love sport quads and can’t ever see owning a SXS, if I want that, I’ll go for a cruise in my car lol. Unfortunately that means there aren’t a lot of new companies that are supporting the sport, in fact, a lot of them don’t even make ATV Parts anymore. Pro Armor made their name in quad parts, now they don’t make a single part for a quad. But there are still some big names around and a few smaller ones. I’ve actually been wanting to start a thread on good companies still supporting quads.

As far as exhaust, Pro Circuit is a decent company, they've been around forever. But yeah, unless you throw a quiet core in it it will be pretty loud. I like a quieter exhaust myself, so a Yoshimura, HMF, DASA, or another good quality pipe is the way to go, and all those have a quiet core to tone it down a bit. Just make sure to do a full exhaust, not just a slip-on. Also, make sure to keep up on the pipe and re-pack it regularly.

Looking forward to seeing how your quad progresses!
Lol yeah she needs a little tlc but honestly not much. My dad would ride it and take care if it. It looks a little different than this but not much. I will be getting new nerf bars, exhaust, etc.

That would be a great idea about the thread with places to buy parts etc. I would follow that thread myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts