Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a new tire for my r and saw these in a magazine they look awesome very agressive tread just wondering if anyone else has these on there r.i dont want to put a real heavy tire and slow it down if this isnt the best tire for me what is i do mostly trail rideing and as soon as i get my exhuast i am taking it to the dragraces would they be good for draging.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I have Maxxis Razor 2's and there awesome. I just ordered the HD's for my friend's 450R and they will be here by Friday. I will be able to give you a review by next week. As far as drag is concerned, I would think maybe the MX tires(18")on the rear would be better because there smaller and you would get more low end. The HD's are made for woods riding and trails. Basically for aggrassive riding in aggressive terrain. B)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I second that.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Rico'450R@Sep 1 2004, 12:35 PM
I have Maxxis Razor 2's and there awesome. I just ordered the HD's for my friend's 450R and they will be here by Friday. I will be able to give you a review by next week. As far as drag is concerned, I would think maybe the MX tires(18")on the rear would be better because there smaller and you would get more low end. The HD's are made for woods riding and trails. Basically for aggrassive riding in aggressive terrain. B)
Hey Rico. How do you like those Razor 2s. I was wanting to get some but I dont want the added weight. Could you tell much of a difference. those 6 ply tires are heavy. they are like 14 pounds a piece...I ride mostly woods and trail and I dont seem to have much of a problem with the 4 ply tires. they seem pretty tough as long as you watch where your going. The only thing that has punctured my 4 ply tire is a nail, and It would have went through the 6 ply tire to. So it almost seems to me like the added weight is worth it. But since you have them, can you give your opionion. thanks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
razr2's are the most over hyped tire ever. trust me , i know people sponsored by them and they will tell you holeshots are better.

·
Registered
321 Posts
wjich holeshots, what perpouse, etc. some are definatly better in some conditions then Razr II's.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I think I like the new Irazors the best rightnow.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Are stock tires heavy or light? I have great hook up with the stock ones in all conditions. No one like them or what?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Arrant@Sep 2 2004, 01:00 AM
Are stock tires heavy or light? I have great hook up with the stock ones in all conditions. No one like them or what?
thats funny, I thought the same thing. Until I strapped on a set of Razors. There is no compaison. The stock ones suck, you just dont know until you put on some good tires.... B)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone looking for tires check out atvdirect.com, got a real good deal on razr2's. Tell them Tom from Ohio told you about it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The thing I would worry about if there is even more hook up is keeping the front wheels on the ground. I put the HRC kit and a 13T and it's a wheelie machine now. Which is cool by me

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The stocker's are good tires for the average guy. Once you start riding hard though, the tires begin to roll in corners and that's when you can really appreciate the aftermarket tires. The stocker's hook up good and turn good. But, once you try the Maxxis or Holeshots you will wonder why you waited so long to change them. I just recieved the HD's yesturday for my friends 450R. As soon as I know I will post something about them. One thing for sure, is that they look allot like the maxxer's. The rear is beefy and the front are much narrower. They are a good looking tire and I can't wait to see how they do! B)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LET ME KNOW HOW THEY PERFORM AS SOON AS YOU CAN .IF I PUT THE HOLESHOT HD'S ON MY R WILL IT SLOW IT DOWN BECAUSE THE WEIGH SO MUCH I LOVE THE TREAD DESIGN ON THE HDS.DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE WEIGHT OF THE HD'S VS STOCK ARE?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I'm sure it's aleast a few pounds heavier. But, the traction and streeing you will get will be awesome. My friend is putting them on today. So I should have something for you next week. ^_^

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
OK, we tried the HD's this weekend and they are a pretty darn good. The fronts are taller and skinner and the backs are way nobby. I would recomend them to anyone that want's aggresive tires. They really hold on to the road yet they slide really well. The steering is excellent too. Holeshot did a great job with these tires. There just as good as the Razor 2's, two thumbs up: :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
How about a pic of the 450 with these meaty treds! :D I'd love to see how they look.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
thanks for the input Rico, I was wondering about those tires....I want to hear a report on the new irazors.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Sep 8 2004, 01:42 PM
thanks for the input Rico, I was wondering about those tires....I want to hear a report on the new irazors.
That's funny, I just ordered them and they will be here Friday. I went riding this weekend and I some how got a wrench, Ya that's right a wrench or a half a wrench stuck in my tire and it ruinend the tire. So, I will be getting the Irazor's Friday. :D

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Rico'450R+Sep 8 2004, 01:44 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450rlude
@Sep 8 2004, 01:42 PM
That's funny, I just ordered them and they will be here Friday. I went riding this weekend and I some how got a wrench, Ya that's right a wrench or a half a wrench stuck in my tire and it ruinend the tire. So, I will be getting the Irazor's Friday. :D [/b]
I bet those tires will be the poop and stuff.....I typed poop.... :lol:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts