Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in my other thread, where i hit the 90' tabletop, i posted that i wrecked. well, when i did, i flipped it and the handlebars were bent very bad, well, i just ordered a new set today, they are Fly handlbars, ATV bend, heres a picture below. I know i just now bought them, because i need them for the next race on the 18th, but are these handlebars any good? Im sure they are better than stock, but what do you guys know about them? thanks.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Fly is a good brand, there name just isn't as big as renthal or tag. :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
i've seen them on the rack at my local shop. they look just like the tag x5s to me. just different finishes, but don't know anything about strength. if i had seen those on ebay before i bought my tags, i would have bought them instead. good price.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by RedDogg@Jul 13 2004, 07:07 AM
i've seen them on the rack at my local shop. they look just like the tag x5s to me. just different finishes, but don't know anything about strength. if i had seen those on ebay before i bought my tags, i would have bought them instead. good price.
lol, i got my Flys on ebay. I thought they looked pretty nice and i know of pro riders that have them. I would have got tags but Fly bars were all they had on ebay at the time. Im not too worried about strength, but i dont want them to crumble like stockers did, I hope this was a $39.00 well spent, thanks

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
hey hondaracer , what kind of bend are those bars ?they look like they are bent back or up .just wondering
. they look like nice , quality bars for a good price!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by fender@Jul 13 2004, 03:34 PM
hey hondaracer , what kind of bend are those bars ?they look like they are bent back or up .just wondering 
  . they look like nice , quality bars for a good price!
I dont know if they are a specific bend, but it just said Atv bend, I dont like the low bars very much, im more of a fan of taller bars, but not TOO tall, I thought they looked nice and yes they seem to have good quality, ill let you guys know how they are once i get them on when they get here (should be friday hopefully). BTW, i gotta question about the ignition, where should i mount it and how do i go about mounting it? thanks :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
you might just want to put it right next to the steering stem on the plastic on the right or left and drill a hole ( maybe a wholesaw bit ) .

·
Registered
218 Posts
Since you race you could use your kill switch as the key like Lukester720 and I did. He posted some pics and directions on how he did it in the general section under killswitch wiring (keyless). It works great. Only problem with it is that anyone with a killswitch lanyard could take off with your quad.
Those bars should be pretty strong. They won't be as strong as Tag's but since you like the higher bars you picked the right kind!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i had some regular flys on my old 400ex & they bent when I flipped but I flipped really hard & it barely bent the bars & barely bent the steering stem....strong bars arent always the best thing man...which would u rather have bend? some handlebars or your steering stem or your frame?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the replies, I guess ill just put the key right behind the right front fender. If i do this, what do i do to get the ignition to stay and not pop back out? does it just lock in or what? I would mount it keyless, but like you said, i dont want to have someone run off with my R, that would suck. I guess im glad i got some bars that are less strong than most because like jumbo said, i dont want any more expensive parts to bend.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About the Ignition and oil light, how exactly do you install those ( my bars still havent got in yet
), After i drill the hole, does it just pop in? i need a little bit of help with this one. :wacko:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts