Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i bought the drag bike from john (j&j) with out the motor (see pic below) Bike is still in progress but this is what i have so far
Then i bought a motor from morgan

43.5 fcr carb with dasa apaptor and stock 05 intake tube with dasa ring and pro design foam filter
Dasa pipe cut 4inches
Dyna non programable ignition
Mod Quad impeller,mod quad super coolers with engine ice
With 22*11*8 13 paddle tripple buff gliders on 8*7 douglous .125 wheels
What do you think so far here is a pic of the chassie

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
looks heavy...[/b]
Have you weighted it? There has been alot cut from that frame. I would guess around 200lbs total weight...

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks heavy...[/b]
Have you weighted it? There has been alot cut from that frame. I would guess around 200lbs total weight...
[/b]
No i havent weight it yet i can tell you this though i can pick the intire bike up with out a motor in it and walk around carrying it it's so light, with out a motor i would say around 120-125lb thats just a guess though.

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
Skyler, what type of racing are you trying to do with it?? jw

aldo

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
It looks to me like hes gunna do MX or XC :rock:[/b]
something tells me to doubt that guess??? lol

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be racin the hill we have here in utah with it or should i say my 90lb little sister will be racin it lol i'm sure it will be a screamer when it's done. I think i need some different foot pegs that are light and have a little more grip on them i don't know if i like the bmx grind pegs it has on it my size 13 doesn't realy like the little peg so i am looking for some light alu. pegs with some sort of teeth on them so my big A foot doesnt slip off

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
do you think that single a arm setup will hold up?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya i sure the single arm will hold up just fine once you see it in person it's not as weak as it looks in pics. Only thing i might have a problem with is the tiny heim joint's on the a-arm but the rest of the bike is pretty solid, you have to see it in person it's pretty cool, has lots of ti bolts i'll tell you that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts