Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went riding in my usual spot, the local gravel pit, when I rolled in I saw a group of riders on various bikes, ( raptor, kfx700, couple dirt bikes etc) nothing out of the usual. However there was one the caught my eye, it was the new Honda 700xx so I had to ride over and check it out. We got to talking about mine and his, then he offered to let me take it for a spin! It truly is a nice machine, much like all the tests have said very torque gobs of low end power, and the suspension soaked up everything. Then we got to drag racing, I consistantly beat him by a good 8 lengths everytime, but mines not stock, heres my favorite part, when I watched him race the kawi and the Yami, he would inch it out for the win, got to love that. Anyways it is a nice addition to the big red family :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Today I went riding in my usual spot, the local gravel pit, when I rolled in I saw a group of riders on various bikes, ( raptor, kfx700, couple dirt bikes etc) nothing out of the usual. However there was one the caught my eye, it was the new Honda 700xx so I had to ride over and check it out. We got to talking about mine and his, then he offered to let me take it for a spin! It truly is a nice machine, much like all the tests have said very torque gobs of low end power, and the suspension soaked up everything. Then we got to drag racing, I consistantly beat him by a good 8 lengths everytime, but mines not stock, heres my favorite part, when I watched him race the kawi and the Yami, he would inch it out for the win, got to love that. Anyways it is a nice addition to the big red family :thumbsup:[/b]
Nice bike but does it have any reservoirs for the front shocks? I was looking at one at the dealer today....didnt see any piggybacks? And i got on it and jerked it around and it had the most body roll ive ever felt on a quad in my life. But ive never ridden one so I cannot say for sure.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I stopped by the dealership to get an exhaust gasket the other day and stopped to look at the 700xx. I stepped behind it and tried to lift the rear end with the grab bar and walked out. That thing is HEAVY.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I stopped by the dealership to get an exhaust gasket the other day and stopped to look at the 700xx. I stepped behind it and tried to lift the rear end with the grab bar and walked out. That thing is HEAVY.[/b]

Did the same EXACT thing

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice bike but does it have any reservoirs for the front shocks? I was looking at one at the dealer today....didnt see any piggybacks? And i got on it and jerked it around and it had the most body roll ive ever felt on a quad in my life. But ive never ridden one so I cannot say for sure.
[/quote]

It didn't have any that I saw, and due to the IRS it does have alot of body roll, with a little finesse I was able to kick the rear end out, and with the weight I really didnt seem to notice it, when I jumped it, it seemed at home and the suspension soaked up the landings very well.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
I stopped by the dealership to get an exhaust gasket the other day and stopped to look at the 700xx. I stepped behind it and tried to lift the rear end with the grab bar and walked out. That thing is HEAVY.[/b]

lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just stopped at the dealer also to check it out. At $7899 and weighing in on the truck scales, I'll take two please! It was comfy to sit on, but forget about picking it up if you get stuck. The grab bar height makes it difficult to get leverage and I'm an average 6 ft. I guess with the IRS the chance of getting stuck is decreased quite a bit. I did notice the body roll when you get on it or move side to side. It would certainly be fun to ride anyway. Someone should buy one and charge $3 a ride to go around a field or get some at the rental places in Oregon so they can be tested in the dunes. I'd gladly pay to play. Either way, at least Honda finally stepped up to the large bore sport quad arena and is trying to carve out a niche as always. Props to them for that.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I got to ride one on the dunes a few weeks ago, lots of torque, and it has a really plush ride, but I didn't like the feel on side hills, too much body roll. you don't really notice the weight that much. my 450 is a lot quicker. they are a really nice bike, but I like my 450 a lot better.

·
Registered
499 Posts
to what we are use to (modded 450s) the 450's are quick, but i rode my buddies absoluley stock 04 450r. that thing was a TURD. my stock 06 felt like a race bike compared to it. but with a pipe and cam it came alove and really pulls. so if the 700xx is a little on the TRUD side now, wait till the aftermarket starts getting ahold of parts, it could become a monster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts