Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a Stage II cam in my 06' saturday, I put a 165 main in it and the needle is on the 4th setting. I opened up the airbox a bit with a UNI filter and have done the green wire mod, I also put the hotter NGK plug in it. I have a complete HMF exhaust also. It seems to run great but I havent had it on the track yet. How will I know what setting to put the needle on? I have read that a lot of guys have theirs on the 3rd setting. Also what would be the benefit of changing the slow and leak jet...I just have the stock ones in it now and am not sure what # they are. Thanks for any feedback...this has been a great place for info!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I put a Stage II cam in my 06' saturday, I put a 165 main in it and the needle is on the 4th setting. I opened up the airbox a bit with a UNI filter and have done the green wire mod, I also put the hotter NGK plug in it. I have a complete HMF exhaust also. It seems to run great but I havent had it on the track yet. How will I know what setting to put the needle on? I have read that a lot of guys have theirs on the 3rd setting. Also what would be the benefit of changing the slow and leak jet...I just have the stock ones in it now and am not sure what # they are. Thanks for any feedback...this has been a great place for info!![/b]

the leak jet will stop teh low end bog.. most of the 06/07 have... get a #55 leak jet.. 48 pilot is stock. i woudl go up to a 50 but you would prob be fine with teh 48..

there is a good jetting article in the tech section.. http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4802

other than this info the only way to be spot on is a dyno!

later aaron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a Stage II cam in my 06' saturday, I put a 165 main in it and the needle is on the 4th setting. I opened up the airbox a bit with a UNI filter and have done the green wire mod, I also put the hotter NGK plug in it. I have a complete HMF exhaust also. It seems to run great but I havent had it on the track yet. How will I know what setting to put the needle on? I have read that a lot of guys have theirs on the 3rd setting. Also what would be the benefit of changing the slow and leak jet...I just have the stock ones in it now and am not sure what # they are. Thanks for any feedback...this has been a great place for info!![/b]

the leak jet will stop teh low end bog.. most of the 06/07 have... get a #55 leak jet.. 48 pilot is stock. i woudl go up to a 50 but you would prob be fine with teh 48..

there is a good jetting article in the tech section.. http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4802

other than this info the only way to be spot on is a dyno!

later aaron
[/b]
Thanks aaron...much apprectiated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts