Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first of all I'd like to say hi to everyone, this looks like a great forum. I just installed a Duncan Fatboy4 system and am getting ready to jet up^^. This may sound stupid, but I have no clue as to how to get the needle out. I've taken the top of the carb off but it sure doesn't look like it comes out from there??? I jetted my KFX700 many times as I added different mods to it, so I felt pretty confident that a single carb would be no biggie...I was wrong, I'm running the HRC kit and a Duncan system, using the HRC lid instead of none at all. I know I'll kick myself in the arse once I understand, I just don't...yet :D The local shop said $130 to install the cam & jet which seemed pretty fair to me, but I gotta know how to jet this thing myself for future mods. Thanks in advance...Mudfoot

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
if u have the top fo the carb off, there are 2 screws, udo them and pull up on the lifter, this is also atached to the trhtle cable, if i rember, this will lift the needle or if not u should easily find it after this, im sure sumone here will be able to give u a better idea of wat to do, but this is my help for now.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I actually just wrote a pretty big write up with pics on how to do this. Check it out in this section about 3 or 4 topics down...

Hope it helps you.
Dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You Both!!!

Thats exactally what I needed, I guess I'm just a visual kinda guy. I'm heading to the garage right now. All day this bugged me while I was @ work, I knew it couldn't be that bad. Awesome Pictures Ride Red626, thanks for taking the time to post some "flashcards" for folks like me... :wacko: Once again, thanks for the lightening fast response, beers on me if we ever meet. Later..Mudfoot

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
No problem glad I could help. Where about are you located? Some guys on the site are looking into planning a ride for the west coast, the east coast and central US guys so maybe one day we can hook up and go ride.

Dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in central CA, Merced to be exact.

The bike started first kick after jetting, I went w/185 main,HRC needle 3rd clip, stock pilot(48) and air screw 2.5 turns. Sounds nice w/ the Fatboy4, now I just gotta take my daughter to soccer @ 11:00 then take the 450 for a spin after that and check er' out...The weekends go waaay too fast. I'll keep you posted on how it runs. Once again thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts