Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after my big rod end bearing went about six months ago,finally fired it up at 3 oclock this mourning on the second kick, but the kick starter didn't return back and made that loud clicking noise i'am sure every has heard before that has a kick start,so i shut it right down and went to bed,any idea's has what could be missing i thought i had the spring tight, i'm going to try and tear it down tonight,

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had this problem trying to put it together the return spring kept popping and causing everything to fly apart is there a trick to keep that return spring in place.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
since i got so much help from everyone,just thought i would let you know i fixed the kick start.

·
450R Rider
1,148 Posts
Yea you gotta get it just right. I was pissed after my last rebuild I had to drain the coolant, tear the right side off and redo it right. You have to clock/time it just right or it doesnt work the way it should..lol....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rachet assembly was way off and the return spring didn't have enough tension on it to disengage it, i didn't know that there was alignment marks for the rachet gear and shaft to line up on, since i didn't tear the motor down. this has been a fun project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts