Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone with the HRC kit give me the part # for the white "T" that replaces the stock black one? ...or... does anyone want to sell one?

thanks,
jason

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I don't know te part # but I copied this from desert_450r in the Performance FAQ:

"Finally, there is a 3-way breather T on the right top side of the engine case right behind the header pipe ... Remove this, and look down inside ... You will see a reduction about half way down that is smaller in ID than the rest of the large part of the T ... You will ream this out with about a 1/4 to 3/8" drill bit making it the same size as the rest of the ID of that part of the T ... And replace securely after cleaning out all shavings ... Done"

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by lukester720@Sep 21 2004, 11:01 AM
I don't know te part # but I copied this from desert_450r in the Performance FAQ:

"Finally, there is a 3-way breather T on the right top side of the engine case right behind the header pipe ... Remove this, and look down inside ... You will see a reduction about half way down that is smaller in ID than the rest of the large part of the T ... You will ream this out with about a 1/4 to 3/8" drill bit making it the same size as the rest of the ID of that part of the T ... And replace securely after cleaning out all shavings ... Done"

I hope this helps!
well... i tried that mod, and now i need a new one. :wacko: i was a little over zealous with my drill. :D anyway... if no one has the part number, i will just go to the auto parts store or order a new stock "T".

thanks

BTW, i spoke with someone at Baldwin Motorsports today and he told me that when they build or mod a motor, they remove the breather hose from the airbox and replace it with a new hose that hangs down in front of the swing arm. he said that filtering the hose is NOT necessary but that the "T" joint is an important piece of the system and must be in place. he said that the only reason the hose in the airbox is for emissions control.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Cool, I didn't know that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts