Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my quad back from the shop...the crank went and they replaced it. but now when im riding the quad it gets locked in gear. it wont shift up or down. so i decided to take off the clutch cover. when i took it off and drained the oil it would work fine...all the way to fifth and then back down the nuetral. i took off all the clutch plates and everything looks fine. im not sur what to do. i dont want to start it up without the clutch cover on cuz theres no oil in the transmission. anyone have ne suggestions what could be causing that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you just got the quad back, I would take it to the shop and have them fix it. Obviously they had the crank case apart to install a new crank, so appearently they did'nt get something put back together right. But, you can manually shif the bike throught the gears without the clutch cover being on, hell you don't even need the clutch on it for that matter. But one thing to check since you do have the clutch cover off is to see if the shift shaft mech. is properly working and in the proper position. But if it were me, I would take it back to the shop and make them fix it....

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would take it back to the shop...but they did such a crappy job on my quad. there was coolant leaking everywhere...no hose clamps tightend...they bent my rad...didnt use washers to hold the plastic on...and my dads a mechanic soo i was just getting some suggestions on what to look for...im going to do this without taking it back to that dealer...there crap

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
dude i would be pissed off at them for doing that

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Took off the right crank case of the engine and i found the "collar kick starter idle gear stuck under neath the shifter. it runs and shifts now but the idler wheel likes to move around and u can hear it...and now the kick starter is a hit and miss kinda thing. well atleast i found the prob. i think most dealers r the poop...i will never go to one unless its warrenty. and this prob was..but i got a ok from the dealer to tear it apart myself. so i'll bring them the part and get them to order it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Jeez buddy, sounds like you have some bad luck or something. You had a Crank go already. How long did you own it before it went out, and was it under warranty?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts