Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple weeks ago I decided to change my valve cover gasket and when I tighten the screws again I stripped the hole and even broke a bolt, I hear of timesert and helicoil does anyone know the size

·
Truck Yea
5,744 Posts
you want an m6x1.0 insert.

the torque for those bolts is something like 6 ft pounds fyi..

Reactions: Ryan94Wright

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Men thank you very much really is that the size on all 3 valve cover bolts just asking, but thanks for your help a lot

·
Truck Yea
5,744 Posts
pretty sure.

id be super careful putting inserts in there myself. a replacement head isnt exactly cheap but you might as well do it if the valves havent been done. they are titanium and wear out

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have seen a lot of heads come in like that. Those bolts are super east to break. They require 7ft lbs NO MORE then that. Sometimes we repair them by just TIG welding the hole re-drilling and then re tapping the threads and then it's like new again.

·
Truck Yea
5,744 Posts
I have seen a lot of heads come in like that. Those bolts are super east to break. They require 7ft lbs NO MORE then that. Sometimes we repair them by just TIG welding the hole re-drilling and then re tapping the threads and then it's like new again.
thats how i would preferably fix them. ive had several 450r cases where they snapped the stand offs for the chain guard welded up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts