Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my 250X today when the front sprocket came off. What in the world holds it on? The sprocket itself has 2 holes with threads, but the only thing coming out of the case is the shaft it rides on. Nothing to bolt them to. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any help!

Matt

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
if you look on the end of the shaft, there is a indented circle around the end of it....there is a C-clip that is supposed to go in the gap that holds the Sprocket on....order a new C-clip...or measure the shaft and go to the hardware store and buy one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are you saying that the shaft has NO bolt holes?

Does it have a groove for a c-clip?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done! Thanks for the quick solution!
Is there anything else that goes on the shaft, like a spacer or something? I didn't think the sprocket should be able to move that freely. Anyone know why they have bolt holes on the sprocket if they don't do anything?

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
the sprocket on my 250x also could be moved easy, but i never had any problems with it. About the bolt holes i have no idea, i never had to change my front sprocket, only the rear.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by mattYFZ450@Jun 1 2004, 01:38 PM
Done!  Thanks for the quick solution!
  Is there anything else that goes on the shaft, like a spacer or something?  I didn't think the sprocket should be able to move that freely.  Anyone know why they have bolt holes on the sprocket if they don't do anything?
if the holes you are talking about are in the sprocket itself, then those arent bolt holse...those are just holes to make the sprocket lighter....less metal...did you get a c-clip for it?...is that how you fixed it?...later.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The threaded holes you see are for bolts to go into. Go here and see that you are missing part number 24 and the two bolts (#37).

hope this helps

Jonesy

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Wow, I have never seen a setup like that....how did you fix yours man?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW, I don't know if that helps or just confused me more! From that layout, the actual shaft is #2., #15-#29 must be on the inside of the case. But from the looks of it, the C clip is on the INSIDE of the sprocket. I'll look tomarrow, but maybe the shaft is tapered? Oh well, the "fixing plate" is only $2.42 and its another buck for bolts. I used a C clip I had to hold the sprocket on, but its just has too much play as is. Thanks again for all the help!

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts