Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm sure there's threads on this but i need help with jetting for my 05 trx450r. I just bought a dasa system and need help jetting. The guy I talked to down there said 195 main 50 pilot and raise needle up one position from stock (if anyone knows where stock is let me know still gotta take it apart so a little idea would be nice) and 2 turns out should get me close. I'm right around 2000ft here in central ND it has a dasa intake on it and open lid. Any help would be appreciated as I'm only in high school and not quite familiar with jetting yet.

·
Truck Yea
5,683 Posts
185 main would probably be about right and 50 pilot due to your elevation and setup. leave the needle on the 3rd clip

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
185 main would probably be about right and 50 pilot due to your elevation and setup. leave the needle on the 3rd clip
ok I just took it apart and I have a 185 main and a 48 and I'm assuming the s after the 48 stands for slow or something it says 48s. Would I be able to run that? Or should I get a 50? When I started it and gave it a rev it blew black smoke so I'm assuming it's getting to much fuel?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And also I got to reading and not sure about the 05 carbs but is the stock needle even adjustable and if so how do I do it? I've done snowmobiles but never messed with these kinda carbs

·
Truck Yea
5,683 Posts
I’d leave it be unless it’s running poorly. 48 is your pilot jet, 185 is the main. Needle should be adjustable as well take off the top cover and remove the two screws that hold the slide it’s under the slide cover I recall

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What would happen if I didnt mess with the needle? Idk who put it together but the musta got in there with the impact because I can not get them off and they're just gonna get worse. So I'm wondering what will happen if I dont mess with it idk which clip position it's on but would it be fine?

·
Truck Yea
5,683 Posts
What would happen if I didnt mess with the needle? Idk who put it together but the musta got in there with the impact because I can not get them off and they're just gonna get worse. So I'm wondering what will happen if I dont mess with it idk which clip position it's on but would it be fine?
if it runs ok id leave it alone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if it runs ok id leave it alone.
Got it back together and have it 2 turns out and seems to run fine it's running a tad bit rich I think but I pulled the plug at it's a brown color so I dont think I'm to far off I think itll be fine but went to fix my valve cover leak and I think I found why it was leaking pulled a bolt out cleaned the gasket and put it back together and the one bolt dont tighten bulled it back out and Its broke in 2 so gotta get a new one

·
Truck Yea
5,683 Posts
Reactions: Mikey62

·
Truck Yea
5,683 Posts
Thanks bro. What about the needle? Keep the stock one? Move it to the 3rd clip?
May want to switch to another needled. I have the ncvq and like it better than stock. 3rd clip for me

For reference when I had a stock setup at sea level, dasa and outerwear air box lid I ran a 168 main and 3rd needle clip

Reactions: Mikey62

·
Registered
39 Posts
May want to switch to another needled. I have the ncvq and like it better than stock. 3rd clip for me

For reference when I had a stock setup at sea level, dasa and outerwear air box lid I ran a 168 main and 3rd needle clip
Thanks bro

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's the best jet kit for Dasa classic?
Honestly for what I've found from mine (shorty classic) a 185 main and a 50 pilot or 50s is what the jet would say. I'm running a 48 but its runnin lean on decel but it's not bad for me.not quite sure for needle position cause I couldn't get mine apart but assuming stock position (04-05. 06+ you gotta get the hrc kit if I'm not mistaken) and im running about 2 turns out roughly on the A/F screw depending on your altitude. I love mine sounds awesome now I developed another problem gotta put a clutch in quick one of these days

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need help with a 2005 with a 501 kit. Bike has full hmf exhaust, stage 2 cam, no airbox lid, and I'm at sea level. Motor and pipe get hot. 50 pilot 185 main in it now. Bike pulls very good. Tried a 195 and it pulled slow but the temperature stayed 165.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts