Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had this bike since last year. Ran great decided it needed new valves over the winter. Put in +1 Ferrea valves, port polish the head. While I was in there something in the past probably a plug electrode, broke off scarred the cylinder banged up the piston. Ok. Nos oem honda cylinder and je pro 12.5/1 piston.
So with past and current mods it has
Hrc cam with hrc lid/uni filter
Full sparks exhaust
Port polish head +1 Ferrea valves
Oem cylinder w 12.1/1 piston
Dynatek cdi
48/185/72
So it wouldn't idle very well after. It puffs through the intake. Mind you it had stock top end before besides the cam. What it does is it will have a hanging idle until I just barely tap the choke lever. If I do that it goes down to normal idle speed, and shuts off a few seconds later. Sometimes it spits through the carb. It will spit when I kick it over as well. I put a 50 in it, a guy who works on all our stuff when I can't figure it out, said to try that. Try it same thing. Went to a 52. Same thing. I put the 48 back in today same thing. It has a zipty pilot screw. I'm really stuck and I've been on this for about a month and my guy has no time to help me with it. So I'm basically dead in the water, really lookin for some help don't usually come to forums but I gotta get riding. Thanks

Edit: bought a used carb on ebay. Dumped it in the ultrasonic got it looking good and clean. Put it on, only thing I used from old carb was jets. Still has the hanging idle and has a bog when I stab the throttle. I'm lost now I don't know what to check next. Decompressor??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts