Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a 1990 cr250r. When I picked it up the guy said he broke the choke lever and it was missing so no big deal just bought another. I put it in and screwed the all the way in and turned it out 4 turns for a starting idle point. On them, the choke lever also serves as the idle screw. So I got it in and we fired it up with no air filter just to see if it would run. And it did but it would start to rev up so I put my hands over the air filter housing and it started to idle down (so that to my knowledge tells me there are no cracks in any of the boots) then took them back off and it idled up again. We blipped it to powerband quick then it idled down some but then ran away and we had to pull the spark plug wire off to shut it down. I didn't have the tank hooked up just had the line and bowl filled. So I'm stuck on what to do is there something missing in the carb or should I put it all back together but I don't think that would make it idle down that much. If anyone has any idea on what to do please help me officially stumped.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts