Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rebuilt the engine on my 2007 Honda 450er. It has a 480 big bore with a 12:1 vertex piston, HRC header with shorty big gun silencer, HRC cam, and K&N air filter with open air box lid . I got it to run pretty good but around 3/4 throttle it has a slight bog. I have a 185 main jet, not sure what size pilot as it does not have a size on it, HRC needle on the second position from the top, and open air box lid with k&n filter. I am 584 feet above sea level. What main jet and pilot jet should I run?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just rebuilt the engine on my 2007 Honda 450er. It has a 480 big bore with a 12:1 vertex piston, HRC header with shorty big gun silencer, HRC cam, and K&N air filter with open air box lid . I got it to run pretty good but around 3/4 throttle it has a slight bog. I have a 185 main jet, not sure what size pilot as it does not have a size on it, HRC needle on the second position from the top, and open air box lid with k&n filter. I am 584 feet above sea level. What main jet and pilot jet should I run?

Thanks for any help.
Anybody?

·
Truck Yea
5,893 Posts
Try a 180 main see how it goes. if that doesnt help adjust the needle clip to a bit more lean Pilot should be able to stay stock.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try a 180 main see how it goes. if that doesnt help adjust the needle clip to a bit more lean Pilot should be able to stay stock.
I forgot to mention this in the original post but my pipe is glowing by the cylinder. Would that mean it is running lean?

·
Truck Yea
5,893 Posts
I forgot to mention this in the original post but my pipe is glowing by the cylinder. Would that mean it is running lean?
slightly, most glow like that due to the thickness of the pipe and a slightly lean condition. how many turns is the fuel screw set at>?

·
Truck Yea
5,893 Posts
then you need a larger pilot and back off the fuel screw

1 - 9 of 9 Posts