hi all
I need good pictures or manual setting cam chain timing trx450R 2005 mod
Can someone help me ???

Arnt roger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm ....thank you for that,but where is porition of cam? when the crank are at tdc ?
it looks lika i have bad compression......but the piston and cylinder looks good when i have it off ...

when i try to start it shoot in the muffler and nothing more happends......i tryed to mount cam 180 degrees different too :(

·
Registered
406 Posts
With the little 6mm Allen head bolt on the left side of the case (Stator Cover) taken out you should see an F and a T on the flywheel those are your timing marks. Line the T up with the center of the Timing Inspection cap... Which indicates the piston is at Top Of The Cylinder. The timing inspection cap is that 6mm Allen head bolt cap. So now you wanna make sure that your cam is aligned just like the picture I posted. You will see on the Cam tower that it has two Arrows, now with the T mark showing on the Flywheel, the 2 Intake cam lobes pointing towards the back of the quad cam marks should aligning with the Cam Tower Arrows that is Top Dead Center.

If it's off or 180 Degrees out then just re set the Cam timing until you see those arrows (Which are found right behind the Cam Gear) start aligning with the cam gear marks while the flywheel is on T and the intake lobes pointing t the back of the quad.

How is the valve Lash?

Intake.006 Thousandths
Exhaust Valves .011 Thousandths
Decompressor Arm Should be set to .022 Thousands

Do you have a Leak Down Tester? If so you can see where you're loosing your compression, you should have a little air escaping from the exhaust valves at TDC if you do put a Leak Down Tester on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey,

I am dealing with a similar issue. I followed the manual. Telling me to use the crank gear punch mark to find TDC. I set the timing and adjusted the valves. It will not start, only backfire through the exhaust.

So when I align the punch mark on the crank, the T mark on the flywheel is nowhere in sight. I have always used the line next to the T on other engines, Kawi, Suzuki, Yamaha. Always fired right up.

Should I use the line next to the T on the flywheel or the punch mark on the crank gear to find TDC?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey,

I am dealing with a similar issue. I followed the manual. Telling me to use the crank gear punch mark to find TDC. I set the timing and adjusted the valves. It will not start, only backfire through the exhaust.

So when I align the punch mark on the crank, the T mark on the flywheel is nowhere in sight. I have always used the line next to the T on other engines, Kawi, Suzuki, Yamaha. Always fired right up.

Should I use the line next to the T on the flywheel or the punch mark on the crank gear to find TDC?

Thanks
Yall's timing is 180* off, I believe. I responded to your other post Wrennch. Ryan94Wright's post says it all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts