Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a pipe on my 06 450r and i am having trouble getting to the air fuel screw. Can anybody tell me how to get to it with it still being on the fourwheeler?

·
Registered
972 Posts
I just put a pipe on my 06 450r and i am having trouble getting to the air fuel screw. Can anybody tell me how to get to it with it still being on the fourwheeler?[/b]

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
there are special lil tools made for the stock a/f screw, i belive dynojet kits come with them and im sure the dealer will have somthing also.
but if you really want somthing that makes it 1000 times easier to adjust when its on the bike, i highly recommend an aftermarket adjustable one. they cost from around 15 to 35 dollars for the ones ive seen, i got mine off ebay for around 20.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i did rejet it. can anybody else tell me anything?[/b]

On the 06 its nearly impossible unless you have the little tool. Its a d shaped hollow thingy. Sorry for the not so technical answer. If you don't have the little tool you have to remove the bowl and use pliers or needle nose. Most people put some type of adjustable screw in them so they are easily changed.

Think it was R&D that made some nice ones like the idle adjusters.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i did rejet it. can anybody else tell me anything?[/b]

On the 06 its nearly impossible unless you have the little tool. Its a d shaped hollow thingy. Sorry for the not so technical answer. If you don't have the little tool you have to remove the bowl and use pliers or needle nose. Most people put some type of adjustable screw in them so they are easily changed.

Think it was R&D that made some nice ones like the idle adjusters.
[/b]
i just got one of those. here's a pic of it and off the lable on the package. that wire u see hooked on the cable is suposed to have a screw in it a it goes on were one of the bowl screws do. the screw was to short cause i have the idle screw bracket there already. need to go to hardware store to get a longer screw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts