Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was riding around i was going through all the gears and had it in fifth about half throttle and the qaud just slowed down like the clutch was fully pulled in and it wouldnt move in fifth gear. All the other gears will move the qaud but it is grinding really bad in the bottom of the engine any ideas

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
no idea but mine did that back in 2005 once for some reason, its never done it again, but the other day at idle it made a gurgling noise and then a small grndning noise coming from the trans side I HOPE but i rode all day and it ran good.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I don't know for sure but I would pull it apart and look at it and fix it before you are spending a bunch more money on not only the tranny but possibly cases etc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont want to start or drive it again but i do have a crf250r that i think i am going to pull the engine oout of and put it in my qaud frame. has anyone done this and also is there already a thread about doing so i dont make a repeated one in the engine category.

also how long did it take for your qaud to get back to normal when it was grinding BATCH or what did you do to make it stop.

And one more thing will the 250 engine in my qaud frame make it gutless or just have a way different fell and all the power as before. I am going to put a high comp piston and low end cam in the 250 engine if its a good idea to even put it in? but my main worry will be exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts