Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as it says. i bought this used. i had no idea what brand it was. nor do i now. but i was told it was a jj and a. a local guy buys the carrier housing and bearing housing from them and makes his own tubes for his drag arms. he told me thats what it was cause of the flames cut in the housing

is that how it is spelled or said????

i need to find a chain guard for the front of the arm. where it enters the front sprocket.

anyone know where to get one??? or know what their website address is???

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i found the jj and a site.

and now i know that they just sell parts to build swingarms. they dont actually build them.

so i still need to know what chain guard fits on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i found the jj and a site.

and now i know that they just sell parts to build swingarms. they dont actually build them.

so i still need to know what chain guard fits on it.[/b]
T Dubbracing makes a swingarm with a flames cut out where the bearing carrier goes. If its a T Dub you should be able ot use the stick chain guard. Do you have any pics and I can tell you if it looks like mine?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
scrapper, yougot a picture of your swingarm?

i believe that area of the swingarm is built to stock spec, try your the one from your stock swingarm.

·
Registered
457 Posts
what is the jj and a site, please?

·
Registered
457 Posts
thanks josh, i just had an idea, lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
a lot of aftermarket swingers use a banshee style rear chain guide. I believe its just the bolt spacing that's different. If your stock one doesn't fit, I would bet it's the banshee style.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry guys. i never got back to this post. it went a few days with no replies, so i figured it went dry. LOL

i tried the stocker. its not big enough at the front where it fits over the swinger. it seems that if i notched the stock one, it may fit over it. the holes to mount it look to be like a stock one.

tm designworks has one that they say is for aftermarket swingers. have'nt called them yet to check on it. i have looked and looked and not found any different styles. holz racing makes some different stuff. they make some nice plastic case savers. gonna try them and see if they got something.

yes it does use a banshee style on the rear. i have one on it.

i want to do the whole rear. new case saver. and all new slides. i like the rollers like the tm style.

if anyone knows of something different and nice, let me know

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
do you have any pics??

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i do. but...... not of the area of the arm that is in question. i'll get one tomorrow night.

here's what she looks like though
[attachment=31955:072.JPG]

Attachments

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
looks very similar to a t-dub... stock guard should work up front but you'll need a banshee guide for the rear.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got the stocker to work. in stock form its too wide because the stock swinger is wider than the oval tube design of the chrome swinger.

so i notched it a little. and drilled new mounting holes to squeeze it tighter together. should work nicely and cheaper.

gonna get a new tm rear guide and a upp case saver and i should be good.

thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts