Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 trx450er .I took my clutch apart to inspect it and when I put it back together the quad goes into gear without the clutch and doesn't stall. It also barely moves when I give it gas but the engine revs up normal. I noticed when I put it back together clutch lifter that attaches to the push rod didn't press up right against the lock nut , is that normal to have a gap? When I tested the push rod I put my finger against the thrust washer and pulled in the clutch lever and it did not move much and the lever didn't bounce back when released even with my finger keeping pressure, I had to pull the lever back to position by hand. Also I put my last pressure plate in rotated slightly more then the others in the notches of clutch housing arms according to my manual but none of the videos I watched on YouTube showed that, they all went right in the same row. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Do you have a factory clutch set up or a recluse or other autoclutch setup? If it will go into gear without the clutch pulled in something isn't seated right and the pressure plate isn't on like it should be which is also the reason the lifter isn't working right.

·
Truck Yea
5,390 Posts
The rod isnt engaged right. I just had the same issue with mine when I changed out everything. Take the cover off and make sure the rod engages the lever on the other side properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a factory clutche...im going to retake it back apart this weekend and check the plates again and the pushrod seat...thanks for the input guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts