·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still got some stuff to do to them. Will get more pics once installed

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
I would hate to ride that if I put that kind of paint on one. That looks awsome.[/b]
It wouldnt last long where I ride.
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
lol thanks guys.. and once againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn we ride on gravel roads, dirt roads, wood trails, the nastiest georgia red clay you can imagine... and the paint holds fine....

UNlike with stock plastics.... you can buff out any scratches in the paint and it'll look brand new again....

over the last year and a half riding in all sorts of nasty conditions we haven't had to buff out plastics at at all!....

you simple pressure wash all the heavy mud/dirt off...... spray a degreaser on the entire atv.... hose off again.... then you can hand wash.... back to new with NO scratches

IF you hand wash while there's mud still on there.. SURE you'll get scratches that way lol

it's NOT just for duners.... the only set of plastics we've heard the paint did not perform was when a guy rolled his atv and cracked his hood in half.... those situations.. sure the paint wont hold =)

from the woods to the sand dunes.... holds excellent

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
so did the guy with the 450r ever get back with how the paint holds on our plastics?

im making my bike "pretty" this winter.. so id be interested in some kind of paint.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i've done a couple honda hoods and the PE-HD seems to hold the paint just as well as the raptor plastics. noone has let me know if the fenders are the same plastic material... i assume they are... but haven't got anyone to look under their fenders to look for PP, PE-HD, TPO, etc stamped in their stuff lol....

still waiting on the gas tank to come in to test it out. we know krylon doesn't hold worth anything on a honda gas tank.... our buddy tried some krylon fusion and it's bubbling up now.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
i've done a couple honda hoods and the PE-HD seems to hold the paint just as well as the raptor plastics. noone has let me know if the fenders are the same plastic material... i assume they are... but haven't got anyone to look under their fenders to look for PP, PE-HD, TPO, etc stamped in their stuff lol....

still waiting on the gas tank to come in to test it out. we know krylon doesn't hold worth anything on a honda gas tank.... our buddy tried some krylon fusion and it's bubbling up now.[/b]
ill get the code tonight if i remember.

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
i've done a couple honda hoods and the PE-HD seems to hold the paint just as well as the raptor plastics. noone has let me know if the fenders are the same plastic material... i assume they are... but haven't got anyone to look under their fenders to look for PP, PE-HD, TPO, etc stamped in their stuff lol....[/b]
The front and rear fenders are also PE-HD like the hood.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again.... you do some good work. Very nice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stock silver one. I wished i could get it pc'd or we could spray it with ppg concepts but i dont want to take all that stuff off.. ill keep it like it is..lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
very very very nice

1 - 20 of 20 Posts