·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Does it seem to work well?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It works great. I am running a full HMF system, Sparks air filter kit, 155 main jet and the needle up one notch. I did all of the mods at the same time. Back in Febuary. I just bought a digital camera about 5 weeks ago that is why I am out of control with the pictures. It makes good power all around. I get good enough fuel mileage to race a 2 hour Hare Scramble and not have to stop for gas even before I installed the larger tank.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Have you tried taking it off to see if your jetting will change? Just to make sure your engine is getting all the air it needs!!!! :D

It's a pretty cool idea though!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Sep 1 2004, 10:18 PM
what did you make the new peice out of?  it looks like a cool idea.
The part I bolted on is off of a lawn mower. One of my friends used to work a Greater Yamaha doing R&D. He also used to set up the racing jet skiis and MX bikes. He does all of the set up on my quad. If you are interested in the brand name and part # of the piece I have bolted on there let me know I will get it for you. That is after power is restored to my area. I am sure once Hurricane Frances comes through we will loose power.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Rico'450R@Sep 3 2004, 02:20 PM
Have you tried taking it off to see if your jetting will change? Just to make sure your engine is getting all the air it needs!!!! :D

It's a pretty cool idea though!!
I am not sure if he did or didn't. I dropped it off at his house one night because he has time off during the week. He told me I have an idea. I never question his ideas because it is alway better when I go pick it up.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I was wondering if I would cut the same hole dia. as you did, and it be the same as removing the lower portion of the lid, or should remove the part of the lid for a better performance???? :huh:

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Thats exactly what mine looks like but yours is a lot (A LOT) cleaner than mine is ..... :D

Is that a Uni...??? :huh:

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
so how big of an opening do u need to get in order to have it runnin like no lid? Like how much airflow would do the trick?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts