Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 450s chain is really stretched and i have people coming riding tomorrow and i was wandering if my chain is going to snap. the chain adjuster is all the way to tight and the chain is still really loose. should i ride or is it gonna probably snap

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I would be more concerned with it falling off and cracking your case.....If you ride make sure you have a good case saver.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the 14 tooth in now
man this sucks i can never ride this thing. its been in powdercoat for 2 weeks witch it was supposed to be done in one now this crap. i will just sit home while everyone else rides

·
Registered
242 Posts
take a couple links out of the chain

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D u know what the thing wouldnt move to tighten my chain. i guess i had to loosen the bolts more cus i got it to tighten but i thaught a i needed a new one because of the 450r power. it just makes the chain loose again! it will pull the chain tightener all the way back. i put tons of lock tite on it today cus it got loose again when riding. its all good now tho

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Sep 13 2004, 02:43 PM
you shouldnt need to put anything on the swingarm bolts to keep the chain tight, just tighten them up really good with an allen wrench.
i was going to say the same, but he said it was fixed. the torque specs for those bolts are @15 lbf ft. so... use a little elbow grease or get a bigger socket wrench. mine have never come loose after changing sprockets.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i did that but they just got loose all the time then the chain would come loose but it doesnt come loose now with the loctite

·
Registered
430 Posts
Why is your chain getting so loose? You need to lube it every ride. I got my 450r in febuary and i only tighten the chain once. I always put chain lube on my chain. Makes one heck of a mess on my swinarm tho.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i lube it every ride i just ride it hard

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by UFOmile450r@Sep 13 2004, 08:07 PM
Why is your chain getting so loose? You need to lube it every ride. I got my 450r in febuary and i only  tighten the chain once. I always put chain lube on my chain. Makes one heck of a mess on my swinarm tho.
Yea it does make a mess but what i usually do is put a block under the rear end and lay a rag on the swingarm right beside the sprocket and i roll the tire with my had and put the chain wax on. I do this after a ride and i have washed it and going to put it in the shed, this way it gives the wax plenty of time to dry before the next ride. And no mess.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Sep 14 2004, 12:56 PM
use wd-40, chain lube is a waste of money, and makes a mess.
Just so you know WD-40 is one of the worst so called lubricants that you can use. I sell lubrcants among other things for a living including WD-40 and test show that WD-40 attracts dirt,dust,etc more than most other lubricants out there. I don't think WD-40 is a chain lube any how. If you are looking for a inexpensive lubricant that will not attract dirt like most spray lubricants do then I would suggest Sprayon 711. It works great and is less expensive the WD-40 and you will definately notice the difference of the build up on your chain. Just my 02.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by quadboy+Sep 14 2004, 09:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-WhiteZee
@Sep 14 2004, 12:56 PM
use wd-40, chain lube is a waste of money, and makes a mess.
Just so you know WD-40 is one of the worst so called lubricants that you can use. I sell lubrcants among other things for a living including WD-40 and test show that WD-40 attracts dirt,dust,etc more than most other lubricants out there. I don't think WD-40 is a chain lube any how. If you are looking for a inexpensive lubricant that will not attract dirt like most spray lubricants do then I would suggest Sprayon 711. It works great and is less expensive the WD-40 and you will definately notice the difference of the build up on your chain. Just my 02. [/b]
you dont want to use WD-40...it will eat up the O-rings on your chain...its about the worst thing you could ever use on it..... B)

·
Registered
430 Posts
its ture WD-40 is a stripper,, no not that kind of stripper. Its not made to lubricate.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Get this for an idiot move!!! :lol:

I was cleaning my chain (WD-40) and was rolling the bike backwards. I was wiping the inside of the chain (on top) with a rag. It seems that I have a new female in the building and I was momentarily distracted. Meanwhile my ring finger on my right hand goes into the rear sproket and by the time I get the bike stopped my finger is 1/2 way around the rear sproket (between the chain and sproket of course)! Stop the bike and roll it forward to free finger...

:wacko:

Drop the "F" bomb about 67 times while dancing around garage....drill complete.

It turned out pretty good...fingernail showed slight mark and no bruising! Leason learned!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by clutch@Sep 16 2004, 10:07 PM
Get this for an idiot move!!! :lol:

I was cleaning my chain (WD-40) and was rolling the bike backwards.  I was wiping the inside of the chain (on top) with a rag.  It seems that I have a new female in the building and I was momentarily distracted.  Meanwhile my ring finger on my right hand goes into the rear sproket and by the time I get the bike stopped my finger is 1/2 way around the rear sproket (between the chain and sproket of course)!  Stop the bike and roll it forward to free finger...

:wacko:

Drop the "F" bomb about 67 times while dancing around garage....drill complete.

It turned out pretty good...fingernail showed slight mark and no bruising!  Leason learned!!!!
:lol: LOL :lol:

happens to the best of us :lol:

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
HaHa nice story man :D haha im still laughin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts