Honda TRX 450R banner

My best friend was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer today

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  mikey 
#1 ·
I dont know what else to say right now. See you guys around. And yes, I am still clean and sober and will remain that way.

#2 ·
Dudes my AA sponsor. But, he is also my best friend. frickin awesome dude. Im tryin to pull myself together so I can go over there. frick it. Im cool man. See you guys later.

#6 ·
sorry to hear that Mikey. hope all goes well. stay strong

#9 ·
Thanks man. I really dont know much about prostate cancer but I was told it is one of the most treatable cancers. I hope so. I hope they caught it early enough. I will keep you guys posted.

#14 ·
sorry to hear that man. my boss had it and beat it. my good friends dad had it and beat it. im sure your friend will beat it too. i hope your friend makes a full recovery. best wishes.[/b]
Man, I hope so. Dudes been an awesome sponsor and a good sponsor. He's always been there for me. This also gets me to thinking too. Im gonna be 46 next month. I guess I need to start thinking about my own check ups and health too. Not looking forward to an exam like that. That area is EXIT ONLY!!!!! LOL.

#15 ·
it is a good idea to get a psa (prostate specific antigen) test done annually. especially when you start getting up there in age. i dont' think its recommended regularly until like 45. but it is a simple test and you can't get it too early in my opinion. if you get this test done annually and you see a change in numbers some time down the road then it is a good indication that something is going wrong with the prostate. early detection makes all the difference. heres a link if any of you guys want to educate yourself about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate_specific_antigen

#16 ·
it is a good idea to get a psa (prostate specific antigen) test done annually. especially when you start getting up there in age. i dont' think its recommended regularly until like 45. but it is a simple test and you can't get it too early in my opinion. if you get this test done annually and you see a change in numbers some time down the road then it is a good indication that something is going wrong with the prostate. early detection makes all the difference. heres a link if any of you guys want to educate yourself about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate_specific_antigen[/b]
Yeah! it's tough but beatable, PSA test is best idea, I'm 47 now and have them yearly! Simple and painless!
Good Luck for your friend!

#19 ·

Thanks man. Yeah, Im 45. Maybe this is a wake up call for me. He seems to be keeping a positive attitude. I think he took it better than I did. I wasnt handling it too good Wednesday when I posted this. Im good today though. Thanks for all your support guys. Thats what I love about the Org. In a way we are like family here.

#20 ·

Yeah! it's tough but beatable, PSA test is best idea, I'm 47 now and have them yearly! Simple and painless!
Good Luck for your friend!
[/b]
I was convinced I was the oldest one here. LOL. I'll be 46 next month. Thanks man. Im gonna have the test done too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.