Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dudes my AA sponsor. But, he is also my best friend. frickin awesome dude. Im tryin to pull myself together so I can go over there. frick it. Im cool man. See you guys later.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Best of luck to your friend. Hopefully they caught it soon enough. My grandfather had it, as does my girlfriend's grandfather. Both had their prostate removed. Were praying for the best here!!!Keep strong Mikey

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
man sorry to hear bro, keep your head up thigns might looks down but they cant always go down

best of luck and my prayers are with you guys, hope it all goes well

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
sorry to hear that Mikey. hope all goes well. stay strong

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man. I really dont know much about prostate cancer but I was told it is one of the most treatable cancers. I hope so. I hope they caught it early enough. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
972 Posts
sorry to hear that man. my boss had it and beat it. my good friends dad had it and beat it. im sure your friend will beat it too. i hope your friend makes a full recovery. best wishes.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
my grandfather had it. they caught it in pretty late. He still beat it though and is still kicking. Goodluck luck to you and your friend and stay strong!

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry to hear that man. my boss had it and beat it. my good friends dad had it and beat it. im sure your friend will beat it too. i hope your friend makes a full recovery. best wishes.[/b]
Man, I hope so. Dudes been an awesome sponsor and a good sponsor. He's always been there for me. This also gets me to thinking too. Im gonna be 46 next month. I guess I need to start thinking about my own check ups and health too. Not looking forward to an exam like that. That area is EXIT ONLY!!!!! LOL.

·
Registered
972 Posts
it is a good idea to get a psa (prostate specific antigen) test done annually. especially when you start getting up there in age. i dont' think its recommended regularly until like 45. but it is a simple test and you can't get it too early in my opinion. if you get this test done annually and you see a change in numbers some time down the road then it is a good indication that something is going wrong with the prostate. early detection makes all the difference. heres a link if any of you guys want to educate yourself about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate_specific_antigen

·
Registered
188 Posts
it is a good idea to get a psa (prostate specific antigen) test done annually. especially when you start getting up there in age. i dont' think its recommended regularly until like 45. but it is a simple test and you can't get it too early in my opinion. if you get this test done annually and you see a change in numbers some time down the road then it is a good indication that something is going wrong with the prostate. early detection makes all the difference. heres a link if any of you guys want to educate yourself about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate_specific_antigen[/b]
Yeah! it's tough but beatable, PSA test is best idea, I'm 47 now and have them yearly! Simple and painless!
Good Luck for your friend!

·
Registered
134 Posts
My best friend lost his battle to melanoma (sp). Be there for him Mike as much as possible, keep it positive and I am praying for him. I hope he beats this god aweful disease. good luck and god speed

My memorial Tattoo for my buddy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Thanks man. Yeah, Im 45. Maybe this is a wake up call for me. He seems to be keeping a positive attitude. I think he took it better than I did. I wasnt handling it too good Wednesday when I posted this. Im good today though. Thanks for all your support guys. Thats what I love about the Org. In a way we are like family here.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Yeah! it's tough but beatable, PSA test is best idea, I'm 47 now and have them yearly! Simple and painless!
Good Luck for your friend!
[/b]
I was convinced I was the oldest one here. LOL. I'll be 46 next month. Thanks man. Im gonna have the test done too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts