Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
450R Rider
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys heres my story for the week.

2 weeks ago i bought a HMF slip on for my 06 450R of ebay from a company in virgina, i got the exhaust last week picked it up from a friends place in NY that i have all my parts delivered to, because im a canadain resident shipping cost is huge to have items shipped to me as well as it takes longer to get them, so i drive over to visit friends of mine and pick up my parcels, anyways got the exhaust all on last week, thing sounds amazing!

so yesterday i get a notice in the mail (home address) that i have a parcel to be picked up, i was really confused considering i dont have anything sent to my home address or that i bought anything?? so i go pick it up and behold i get a second HMF polished slip-on!!!

now i didnt get double charged because i sent the money with paypal, the company has not called or emailed me about this? for 2 weeks at least, and so im in a dilema do i call and send it back to them? or do i take it as a lucky day that i have 2 exhausts. mabye make the quad into dual exhaust, lol, JOKING!

what would you guys do if you were in my place?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
that is a Moral Dilemma...

and you should not be judged by other peoples opinion.....

the only one that matters in Moral issues....is your own.....

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Well..its their screwup so ..if you wanna do the cool thing and return it ..if u think there a good company..then yeah thats cool.but you got a 2nd one so who cares if u keep it or sell it. all yours man thats cool good luck

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
like everyone says its your call.

i am a believe in what goes around, comes around. just the other day i bought a ice tea from dunkin doughnuts, i gave the cashier a 10 and she gave me change for a 20 without even thinking i tell her i gave her a 10 and haded the extra 10 dollar back. later that day i rode my dual sport (not register, or insured) down to the cornfeild to go fishing with some friends (no fishing license). about 10 minutes of me gieeting and casting out a few time, i put the pole into the bed of one of their trucks. about a minute after that a DEC pulls down into the area. all i can think about is him asking me for all my info/papers for my bike, and then giving me tickts for not having the stuff. well he didnt ask anything about the bike, but did ask if anyone is fishing and if they had a fishing licenseone friend did and said he has one and he is fishing if i hadent put my pole away when i did i would have been cought nd gotten a ticket for not having the license. and i believe it was just karma making everything work out for me.

·
450R Rider
1,148 Posts
Its your call. Like others have said. Truthfully the company will prolly tell you to keep it. I had a deal with a space heater last year, I just wanted the owners manual, the lasdy said I will mail it next week...A few days later another heater showed up at my door.. I emailed her back and asked what to do she said oh just keep both of them...Psh ok I gave a family member a hell of a deal on a 1000,000 BTU heater....

At least contact the co and let them know what is going on, leave it up to them...

·
450R Rider
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the replys, i called the company a half hour ago, there shipping department screwed up, they thanked me for the phone call, and they already new that they sent out 2 by mistake

They told me to keep it because the cost of shipping was to much and not worth there expence to ship it back to them from canada and that they also owe me $41.36 for the brokerage fees that i had to pay to even receive the package, hence why i have all my packages shipped to my friends. i guess they were pretty busy because they rushed me off the phone before i could say thank you,

and i do beleave in karma thats why i made the phone call, actually makes me feel good that i called.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Thanks guys for the replys, i called the company a half hour ago, there shipping department screwed up, they thanked me for the phone call, and they already new that they sent out 2 by mistake

They told me to keep it because the cost of shipping was to much and not worth there expence to ship it back to them from canada and that they also owe me $41.36 for the brokerage fees that i had to pay to even receive the package, hence why i have all my packages shipped to my friends. i guess they were pretty busy because they rushed me off the phone before i could say thank you,

and i do beleave in karma thats why i made the phone call, actually makes me feel good that i called.[/b]

that worked out well, lots of canada members on here. put it up for sale.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
glad you did the right thing and were rewarded for doing it. karma rocks

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
yeah i just saw that and went back and edited,hahaha.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Look at it like this. What it the person who shipped it made a mistake and their job depends on it. How grateful do you think that person would be? How would you feel if that person got fired because you kept the exhaust. This is just hypothetical, but could happen. What if you were the one that made the error? Would you appreciate it if the person sent the item back? Bet you would. Call the company and let them know. It's the RIGHT thing to do, IMO, but it's your call to make.

Nevermind, LOL. I just read the rest of the thread. Good call!!

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
honeslty they might even tell you to keep it as it woul costs them alot to have it shipped back (from canada) and to re-stock it and put it back in the system, but i would call and let em know and more then likely they will tell you to keep it, but theres a chance they make you send it back , but they will pay for the shipping and all

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
honeslty they might even tell you to keep it as it woul costs them alot to have it shipped back (from canada) and to re-stock it and put it back in the system, but i would call and let em know and more then likely they will tell you to keep it, but theres a chance they make you send it back , but they will pay for the shipping and all[/b]

rick, go back and read some more, he allready made that phonecall.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts