Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some photos of the mods on my 450r. A new set of ALBA Pro Competition A-Arms +2"+1".
PEP Steering stabilizer
PEP Chain roller - "to prevent chain whip that may cause engine case damage, the roller bracket keep's the chain from riding off the counter shaft sprocket when the suspension is compressed" - have anyone encountered such problem
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks good! Now you just need some good shocks to go with those A-arms! LOL

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I personally don't know Clayton du Plessie, but he is one of our top quad riders, I am not sure if he competing this year in the national series.
But we have current Paris to Dakar winner in our mids - Cornel de Villiers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
yes that roller is a must for any rider who's really agressive. however it does not prevent swap from side to side. It just keeps some tension on the chain when you're suspention is fully compressed, like when you're trucking through a nasty whoop section. That is why Farr, Baldwin and PEP origionally developed the item. If you switch to a 520 DID gold series X-Ring chain you won't encounter this problem. I bullet proofed mine by adding a KX Chain slider to the rear JB +1 1/4 swingarm, installed the DID, and wayne set me up with that roller for the subframe. Is you're stabalizer mounted inside you're frame with a bracket that looks like the one for the roller? I took a roller bracket and mounted inside the frame, wayne checked it out and said he may change his design to that but i havent followed up on his decision. now start playin with you're shocks so you can rail those corners. B)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just noticed on you're roller pic. Take off you're rear shockwear and put some on the front. the rear shock does not get as much airflow as the fronts do. This causes it to heat the oil faster, which results in poor suspention performance,and premature breakdown for the nitrogen and oil. Just a tip from afellow racer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks nacsmx45r for the reply and advise on the chain shockwear, will do it at once. This is the type of advise that maks this forum so good.

Yes the stabalizer is mounted inside the sub-frame, so it looks like they took your advise, thanks again. The quads first race is on the 4th September, still doing some testing before that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts